Chapter 6

Skyler's P.O.V.

I woke up a week later to find three boys waiting at the end of my bed. James, Peter, and Remus jumped when they looked over to see my eyes open.
"Oh my God, Skyler, don't do that!" Peter said. I chuckled and sat up, only to be pushed back down on the pillow by my brother.
"Hey, what was that for?" I asked. He sighed and started pacing. I started to worry, so I got off the bed and held James in place. "What is wrong?!" I asked. He only scolded me, and pushed my back on the bed. "Where's Sirius?" I asked, only to get a few frowns from my best friends. Lily walked in the room, and plopped herself on my bed.
"How are you feeling?" She asked. I looked at the boys, trying to get them to say anything to me, but they wouldn't say a word.
"I would feel a lot better if someone told me why James is acting like someone's coming after him." I muttered. James looked over at me and grimaced, and I returned the look.
"Oh, well, there's a Slytherin going around and telling people that you're in the hospital wing. He saw what happened in the hall." She said nervously. I sighed, preparing for someone to rant about how this wasn't good, and how people are going to know about me, but it never came.
"Where's Sirius?" I asked again. Lily looked down, but I knew if nobody told me she would. As I waited for an answer, I also waited for Sirius to come strutting in like always.
"The Slytherin is also saying that you agreed to go out with him......" She said. I shrugged, but then realization came over me.
"Sirius doesn't believe that, does he?" I asked. "You guys don't believe that, do you?" Lily pursed her lips, and I knew my assumptions were correct. I got out of the bed, this time with no interjections from James.
"I wouldn't try to find him..." Peter said quietly. I just continued to get my stuff together, including a few chocolate frogs.
"What's the worst that could happen?" I asked, hoping that the answer wasn't that he would blow up in my face.
"Well, I'm not really sure. He's been really distant lately, and very moody. He's been having some, uh, alone time." Remus explained. I nodded, knowing that I wasn't going to heed their warning. James had calmed down once it sank in that I wasn't going out with a Slytherin, and he sat in a chair beside the bed.
"I'm going to look for him." I said bluntly, running a hand through my tangled up hair.
"Did you not listen to word we said?" Asked James. I scoffed.
"I'm sorry what did you say?" I said, trying to hide the humor in my voice.

-~~-

I walked into the Gryffindor common room, hoping to find Sirius, whether or not he was mad. To my surprise, he was sitting my the fire, as if waiting for me to turn up.
"What do you want?" He asked, not really bitterly, but almost jealously. I wanted to scream at him, but I knew that wouldn't help.
"I want you to get your head straight." I said. I sat down across form him, waiting for any answer.
"I think your head is the one that's not straight." He said, again making me want to scream.
"Think, Sirius. Does it make any sense whatsoever that I would go out with a Slytherin liar?" I asked. He looked up, just momentarily, and I could tell he was pondering what I said. Still, he seemed to want to be stubborn.
"I-I just don't know anymore, everything about you doesn't make sense." He said, almost as if he were defeated.
"That is what doesn't make any sense. Sirius you are my best friend. I tell you everything, so why would you listen to some Slytherin. You've never listened to them anyway." I told him. I was hoping he would see eye to eye with this, but I was wrong.
"Skyler, I don't know what to believe because you were full of secrets before we became friends; whose to say you can't have more." He said finally. I couldn't help being filled with hatred for him. He accused me of cheating on him, and keeping secrets from every one of my friends.
"I hate you, Sirius." I said quietly. I could see he was hurt, but he had no idea how much being accused of lying hurt me. I stormed out of the Gryffindor common room, only to bump into the other three Marauders. I huffed at my bad luck.
"What happened in there?" James asked. I wanted to yell at them, too, but they didn't really do anything.
"I hate Sirius." I told him flatly. He stared at me as if I was an unknown creature. I only rolled my eyes.
"That explains so much." Remus said sarcastically. I crossed my arms, wanting them to try to get on my bad side.
"Well, why don't you let him explain it to you." I said, walking away from the three boys.
-~~-
"You should really eat." Lily said as we walked around the grounds. I only shook my head. I was starving, but I wasn't going to be pulled to the Gryffindor table by my brother, only to be sat next to Sirius.
"I'm not hungry." I lied. She looked hesitant, but she let it go. "Besides, if I do get hungry, I'll just go to the kitchens." I told her. She shrugged, and we continued to walk to the Great Hall. I wasn't going to eat, but I was going to meet up with Brayden White, a pureblood friend of mine.
When we got to the Great Hall, I easily spotted Brayden's dirty-blonde hair at the Ravenclaw table. He spotted me fairly quickly, too. We were going to hang out at Hogsmeade for the day, and I was really happy that I had him for the day.