The Girl With Tattoos (2)

^^ Gracelyn's Eyes ^^

Now, before we get started, first things first; I know Gracie's eyes are a little . . . abnormal. I like that about her. But, if you don't like that, you wanted a realistic eye color, you can go find another Teen Fiction book that will satisfy you and not go ranting in the comments section or in my messages. I can promise you they're much better than my book, TGWT, and probably have a better storyline. Gracie is my little baby though and her eyes are special about her and no, she isn't secretly a vampire or some shit like that. Anyways, if you want, you can imagine her with blue eyes or brown eyes or whatever color your little heart desires but her eyes will be grey here and will be talked about so, you have to go through with that if you choose to see her with a different eye color.
Anyways, sorry about this long paragraph. It was just me ranting about something that needed to be said. And before you get all worried, I will try and steer clear of authors notes unless it's important or reminders or just something like that. So, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy <3

✦✧✦

:: Gracie's POV ::

I woke up screaming, living my life once again in the depths of my mind when I'm asleep. The beads of sweat rolled down my face, my heavy breathing refraining me from calming down. It's all still there. Always has been, always will be. Lurking away in my mind, looking for the right moment to attack and feel its presence.

The knife cutting my once flawless skin.
Fingers touching every inch of my body.
Whispers flooding my ears and his hushed tone forever locked in my mind.
The demons he created.

They'll never leave...

My eyes frantically searched the area, suddenly relaxing when all I saw was my bedroom. The fan spinning above me, that seemed to be moving slower, blew cold air onto my body, drying up any trace of sweat left. Yet, when the wetness left my body, I still felt like I was covered in a layer of dirt or something.

And even though I was perfectly capable of moving, my legs didn't allow me to stand up and use the bathroom. Plus, my bladder felt as though it would explode.

Ever so slowly, my surprisingly warm feet came into contact with the cold wood. It seemed the world spun around when my butt left the comforting material below me.

With all the energy I had left from sitting up, I pushed off the side of the bed, allowing me to reach beside a door, hopefully leading to my bathroom as I could not bare to move another inch and everything was just one, big blur.

Wrapping my hand around the cold substance, I twisted the silver knob and closed it with a soft hand. With my eyes closed to a squint, I could make out the shower directly in front me.

A cold shower. That's what I need.

✦✧✦

Today.

Today was my first day of school. Yes, you heard me right. It was 5 months into the school year and it's terrifying yet sad at the same time. Just a month ago I was living as peacefully as I could in California attending the only school that would accept me.

Then the realization struck me as I was stuffing items into a bag: no one will know me but everyone will know each other.

With a random purse to my side filled with everything I needed and a very light backpack in hand, this couldn't be too bad.