The Girl With Tattoos (17)

After randomly being asked to have dinner with a family I've known and went to school with for two months, my mind was a fuck load of a mess. I was confused yet glad to be making somewhat friends.

I'm not a sociable person, more of a girl who waits around for boys to flirt with me then reject them, lounge around on my couch while watching whatever the hell was on the television and sucking up all the food in my kitchen. Then, sleep around with the love of my life - my bed.

It was a pretty easy life.

Except for the fact, a group of very fucked up people is searching for me and I would most likely be killed when they do find me. I have too many scars roaming my body for a regular 18-year-old teenager, or any age for that matter, and tattoos to cover every single one of them.

The thing was, does anyone really ask for this?

A shit life.

I mean, kidnapping, murder, theft. It's something I have been, sadly, accustomed to. I know the world we live in. How harsh it is. How unfair it is and how acceptance is almost out of the picture entirely. How every family has that one thing that tears them apart. But, they choose how it affects them; sometimes they get ripped apart and go their separate ways or they can get through the obstacles and become a family the picture of perfection.

"Perfection." Who am I kidding?

✦✧✦

The next morning was Saturday, a day I usually just do the casual Netflix and chill thing with a bag of Hot Cheetos and coke.

Then, at 2:30, work-out. Whether it was lifting weights at the gym or jogging around the neighborhood.

But there was a change in plans. Today I was supposed to go over to Banns house and eat dinner with them, which is something I'm worried about yet sorta of happy about.

My phone pinged as I sat down on the couch, eating away my life problems and I forced myself to reach over onto the coffee table and read the text.

Bann - So change of plans dude, my mom just got some money from her best friend and we're now going to some restaurant

Grace - Is it fancy or something?

Bann - Well I was informed to tell you that you should wear a dress or at least something nice

Grace - A dress?

Bann - Lol not your thing is it

Grace - Not really

Bann - Sorry dude, I hate tuxes so we can both be in pain

Grace - Great

Bann - Ill pick you up at 5:30

Grace - Okay

I stared at the messages for a little longer as an ad pops up on the tv showing off some kids toy. I threw the phone next to me on the couch so I could reach it faster if needed.

6 hours Gracelyn. Then you're having dinner in a dress with some boy you barely know.

✦✧✦

It was 1:57, The Walking Dead playing loudly on the screen when the doorbell rang.

What the hell? Only a few people know where I live. . .

Lazily sitting up and kicking off the black blanket, almost spilling my drink too, I walked towards the door, eyeing the gun strapped underneath the coats hanging on the wall.

When I opened the door, the boy standing there with forest green eyes smiled.

"Gracie."

How the fuck did he know where I live and my name when I only know his starts with Ja?!

"May I come in? It's a little chilly and I can feel the heat from inside there." He said, crossing his arms and looking over my shoulder.

This guy gives me the creeps.

Stepping aside, he nodded at me and walked in. His head turned in every direction as he studied the inside.

I have a feeling he's a big bitch.

"Nice house." He turned to look at me as I closed the door. All I did was a shrug. I mean, he did drive a damn mustang. The guy's probably rich.

"So, I bet you're wondering how I found you." I nodded while walking back into the living room. "Well, that's easy. Your motorcycle."

But It's always in my garage?

I gave him a confused look before plopping down on the white loveseat, pointing toward the matching chair.

"Nah, I'm fine here And like I said, your motorcycle." I made a motion for him to elaborate. "I, uh, well. I followed you."

Well damn.

Sighing, I looked at the time. 2:07.

Glaring, I stood up for the second time in 5 minutes to escort him out but apparently, he had other plans.

As I walked up to him and motioned my head to the door, he sighed and pushed his hands through his black hair.

"You want me to leave? Well, I'm sorry but no." He laughed and patted my shoulder. I stared at his hand placed there as he continued talking "How about I take that offer from a few minutes ago, huh?" He smiled, a silver cap shining brightly in my face as I turned my head to face his, along with a few chipped teeth.

A dentist appointment is greatly needed and for a guy who rides in his own wealth, he could afford a simple checkup.

Squinting my eyes, I nodded and sat down once again, and Ja sat down on the chair, clearing his throat.

Getting comfortable for this, I put my feet up and bundled up in my blanket, taking a sip of orange juice.

"I'm going to be really straightforward here since I have no idea how much time I have. I know you as well as Ryker. I even know fucking Milo and you know me too. You just don't remember I guess, which is sad since I am your best friend, Grace," choking on my coke, he smiled and leaned forward enthusiastically. "My name's Jason. I'm hoping that rings a couple bells up there."