The Girl With Tattoos (10)

A man, in his late 20's to early 30's, stood in the ring circling a boy around my age. Both were tall and attractive but their size was very different.

The man was a human hulk while the boy wasn't. Crusher vs Ace.

Crusher swung at Ace but he sidestepped, elbowing his right side. The man stumbled, his defense wavering a bit. Ace took the opportunity to kick his ribs, a nasty crack echoing throughout the abandoned factory. He grumbled swears and insults to which the boy took gracefully. Crusher raged at his reaction, sweat rolling down his dirty and bloodied face. Soon, he ran forward, charging at the boy.

He had seen it coming.

Ace stepped to the side quickly and Crusher stopped in his tracks, spinning around and hoped to punch Ace as he swung his arm around in anger. Ace grabbed his arm and twisted it around his neck, pulling him to the ground as he knocked his head into the floor.

Ace shot up and put his hands in front of his face but when the man didn't stand up, lowered his arms and sighed heavily, his eyes scanning the crowd.

"And the winner, as expected, is Ace!" The side host exclaimed over the cheering crowd as he went to the middle where Ace stood and lifted his right arm up. To which I just realized, Ace was wearing a hoodie, just like me, hiding every definition of his face under the terrible lighting.

The side host left, going back to the chair right outside the fighting arena made out of left-over tool box's, old metal gates and machinery. Ace exited too but into the men's changing rooms. People came to carry the unconscious man away, probably his friends. Most places didn't call the medics unless absolutely necessary.

"It's finally here everyone. The last fight of the night. It's quite special may I add. The Shredder, one of our undefeated champs, will be fighting a newbie. Now, this isn't your average fighter. Shredder will be going up against the She-Devil!" He purposely exaggerated the 'she' to get the point across. And I think the audience got the memo as it was completely quiet.

"A girl? Are you going to let her fight here? They'll crush her!" Someone spoke, breaking the silence.

"Yea, or worse. Kill her!" Another agreed.

"Don't let her fight!" or "Back down now!" was screamed around the room, trying to make me cower and give up.

Bloody sexists.

Shredder and I walked to our corners, me ignoring the comments and him smirking viciously.

"Little girl, what're you doing here? Getting yourself killed?"

Looks like I'm fighting extra hard tonight.

✦✧✦

His foot raised upward which I dodged and sent a powerful blow to the ribs. With the wind knocked out of him, he stumbled back but regained balance. The fight was going on for about 2 minutes now. I was just teasing him. Studying him. Observing him. Just how I was taught. It's natural for me now.

Like a predator stalking its prey.

My thoughts distracted me from my surroundings but I was sucked back into reality when my head flew back and my jaw stung viciously.

He punched me.

I could already feel it turning hideous colors and darkening.

The greedy chump went for another but was replaced by me grabbing his hand and breaking it so he could no longer use it. Loud grunts of pain escaped the man's lips.

A sloppy kick came from Shredder, hoping to hit me in the side but his plan backfired when I kicked the joint of his knee, making his leg cave him and he whimpered cowardly, sucking in a breath.

"You're just a little bitch, aren't you?" And he aimed for my chest with his good hand.

Block.

He sighed in annoyance, circling around me.

Time to take control.

I stepped forward and teased a left hook and he went to block but I quickly changed and hit him in the right temple. His body fell to the floor with a loud thud. My heart was beating fast and out of control as I stared at his unconscious body on the concrete floor.

The response from the crowd was the exact opposite of what I thought it would be. Applauds and loud cheers erupted when I thought it would be dead silent. Once again, the side host came and raised my right arm. The cheers multiplied while he walked away and Shredder was pulled off by two guys, twins maybe. One of them reminded me of someone but I couldn't tell. They were wearing hoodies but it didn't cover their faces. But that's when I saw it;

Bright green eyes connected with mine. Surprise lingered in them and once again I thought I knew those eyes from somewhere. I looked down at the unconscious body of Shredder and something I thought I would never see again was engraved on his wrist.

Black petals falling from a dead flower.

I gasped and stepped backward. The tattoo of The Black Petals. One of the strongest gangs in America even though its size. Six members since I was last there and they all pack a punch, even the little nerds.

Milo is the leader. He's ruthless and heartless, he just didn't know it. Once I outgrew Ryker, he called for back up and in came Milo, the worst teacher in the world.

They helped him torture me even though they knew what was going on at home. He trained me to be a cold, heartless killer. A fighter with no emotions.

I learned a new side of me in those seven years of training. The defensive and killer side. The one that would stick a knife in your head in a second. Knock you out within minutes. My eyes sent a shiver down your spine and fear rush through your veins.

All thanks to The Black Petals, which this guy was apart of.

I felt the pride swell inside me as I stared at the fresh blood than frowned when I realized something.

I need to go home.