The Girl With Tattoos (3)

:: Gracie's POV ::

Everyone needs to calm down and let me sit here in peace. Live my life without their big ass noses getting stuck in it.

First, the whole hallway just screams when I walk in. What am I? Justin Bieber walking into an all-girls elementary school? Then, this boy just stops right in front of me. What did he want? A quick fuck? Well, too bad for him because I swore to never let that happen again. They all shut up when I walked around him. It's like I just walked away from Arianna Grande without a picture. And that guy. Who the hell just stares at a girl? Who just waves at them when they get caught?

That guy apparently.

And, why is this place filled with so much intelligence?

In all of my classes, there was at least one person who never took their eyes off the board, writing every word, every sentence; not wanting to miss a thing. Why are you so eager to learn?

I have nothing against, what do they call them, nerds. It's just, why do you devote your entire life to 6 periods? Don't you want at least one small sliver of a social life and not be shoving textbooks in your face all night.

Damn. How did I manage to even get some advanced classes? Did my grades get switched with someone else's? It's the only logical explanation because I am far from a good student.

Today in fourth period, the teacher (who literally had five strands of hair sticking up from his head) yelled at me because he saw something. Do you want to know what he saw?

He saw me sitting in my chair with headphones in, doodling on my work instead of completing it. So, when he kindly asked me to finish it, I kindly shook my head as a way of saying no thanks, which I don't think he liked very much because he snatched my headphones from my ears.

"Take those glasses off. They're not allowed inside," he said, but you know, I didn't want to so I slowly shook my head and caught his wrist, the ones holding my headphones. I squeezed hard and he dropped them on the desk. I can admit that my actions were pretty impulsive, but what can I say? What's done is done.

Plus, all he did was snatch my paper from my desk and write one word with a bright red pen; homework and he proceeded to plop a yellow form next to it saying detention for 2 days.

Now, I didn't care about the detention or the stupid assignment but what did get on my nerves was what he said and tried to do afterward.

"Never disrespect me in my classroom. It only leads to trouble like this detention and that's not even the worst of it but I think your parents will give you that part. As I said earlier, no sunglasses inside. Since you seemed to have just brushed it off, I'm going to have to take them now."

It was like it happened in slow motion. His hand was slowly coming toward my face, to my glasses, but before he could take them, I ducked my head and stood up, pushing him away from me with little force - just the right amount to make him get the fuck away from. It was yet another impulsive move from me but I didn't care. I don't like being touched.

All he did was press a little button on his desk.

As I gathered my stuff and walked through the door, mentally flicking off the entire room and heading to my next period's door to wait, our principal caught up to me and Ms. Larson escorted me to her office.

 Apparently, that little button called the office and she was hot on my tail.

Isn't that amazing?

And that is how I ended up here, stuffed inside a small office with the principal, listening to her lecture me.

"Ms. Marollo, your behavior is unacceptable. It's your first day and you better straighten up and act the way we expect you to. Yes, I've seen your history of school pranks that were supposed to be funny. Not very pleasant to read Ms. Marollo and let me tell you this, if I find frogs released in MY library, a fire in MY lunchroom or butter sliding down one of the walls of MY classrooms, you will be punished. Do you understand?"

Her voice never wavered, her eyes fixated on mine. It seemed their endless voids were filled with one emotion - power. She liked the way she talked to her students because it controlled them, threatening them with detention. And that leads to trouble at home with the parents.

Nodding, I tried to get up and walk away from this lunatic of a principal but no, her voice boomed throughout the small room and probably the entire office.

"Ms. Marollo, where do you think you're going? Sit down this instant!" Following her instructions, with a little sass to my actions just to piss her off, she crossed her fingers and leaned forward. "Do you understand."

Nodding again, I looked up at the blonde haired women equally as harsh as she was staring at me. "I said, do you understand," Ms. Larsen's voice was beginning to rise in volume, annoyance stinging her words as she lowered her pitch and squinted her eyes. "You will not leave here until I have gotten an answer from you."

This lady just doesn't seem to catch on quick, does she?

I took a piece of paper from her desk that was sitting lonely on the dark wood along with a pen and wrote down what she wanted hastily;

'I understand. Please don't repeat yourself. It can get quite annoying. Ma'am, sorry to burst your bubble but I don't talk. Have a nice day.

Fuck you. - Gracie.'

✦✧✦

She didn't like that at all. She didn't suspend me surprisingly but she did add 3 more days to my detention, which meant the entire week.

Now, where was I supposed to be going?

Oh. Lunch.

Let me tell you this: this school was too big to comprehend. My old schools were too small to be even counted as such or merely just normal size but this place was a freaking University. The hallways seemed to blend in with each other, one the same as the last. Doors, the tiles, lockers, lights, people. It was all one giant building connected by hallways. 

I'm not eating today.

But that's when I heard it - people. Never in my life have I ever been excited to hear people.

The hundreds of kids pushing their way down the hallway were like a current, just not a sweet and majestic one. More like strong and violent. We were the rushing water while the walls were the calm and gentle shoreline and all the short kids under 5'5" were being drowned in the middle of hungry and tired high schoolers pushing their way through a tightly packed system of kids.

They all talked as they filed into a room probably five times bigger than any classroom. Tables filled the inside of the cafeteria, already stuffed with students shoving food down their throats or backpacks reserving that specific seat. A line weaving its path throughout the room ended at one of the many food stations and the disgusting spaghetti they were passing out on vibrant trays looks liked cat food they ate, swallowed and thew back up again.

That was just great.

A table in the back of the room, completely barren besides another loner of the school I'm guessing, sat sadly in the corner. The isolation appealed to me and I quickly shoved some dude blocking my way to the seat and made my way to it.

My table.

I didn't even bother with the school food as it looked horrifyingly disgusting.

Sitting, my feet automatically popped up comfortably while I plugged in my headphones, blasting Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! at the Disco. Most sounds were blocked out as I jammed out to my music, closing my eyes and enjoying my free period. Everything was going fine.

Until a hand landed on my shoulder, squeezing it and pulling out one of my headphones. His husky voice whispered in my ear, his breath hitting my neck.

"Hey, babe. You seem quite lonely."