Chapter 2

As I sit in my painting room, I look out the window. I look at the way Tamlin and Lucien are talking, walking. The way they live.
Although he has done some indescribable things to me, I feel a little bit bad that I am lying to Tamlin. If he found out, he'd be heartbroken. Turning away from the window, I look back at what I had painted before I got sidetracked. It's me. And Rhysand. Together, bodies and limbs combined in a tangle. His delicate yet ravenous face, painted as close to his utter perfection as you could get. His beautiful violet eyes; gleaming like stars, his wings; silken, soft. Even the ink marking his skin, makes him a masterpiece of his own.
I look closely at the painting, trying to soak in every single detail. In doing so I realise one thing. That this painting is if the night I accepted to being his mate—his lover, friend, and forever equal.
I think back to the night now; our paint covered bodies tangled together in that small little house, on top of that cold, snowy mountain, when despite the cold, I felt warm and whole for the first time in years.
I think about how well Rhysand treated me, and in compare how horrible I was treated by my first true love; Tamlin.
It's beautiful, Feyre darling.
The bond between us coming to life, my mental shields falling down. I feel the claws of his mind walking, crawling over my mind. I smile, knowing I will never be alone.
I send a quick reply;
Well look who came crawling back, it's only been two day Rhys!
I chuckled as I felt a low growl from the other end of the mental string.
But Feyre darling, you are just to hard to resist... I need you. I WANT you.
A furious blush raises to my cheeks. Oh, Cauldron. I need a very, cold bath. Not because of the weather here in the spring court, but because of the devilish grin I can now sense through our bond, the one that is hungry beyond wanting food, but because he WANTS me. Images flood back in my head, the sounds. I quickly put up my mental shields again, not feeling the desire to have Rhysand seeing what he does to me.
I still here that chuckle of his. My mind runs wild.