Chapter 5

Feyre

As I sat in the painting room on the floor, I listened to Tamlin go on a rant to me. His words all just mix together as I weep. For Rhys. For Mor. For Cassian. For Azriel. For Amren. My family. My home. My equal.
He just tore part of my soul as he tore my painting.
As I sat there weeping, black mist slowly started to cloud the room. Rhys. Rhys is winnowing here. I shot to my feet at the realisation. He had come to take me home. To my family. Tamlin swore as he realised what was happening, trying to get to me before Rhysand did.
I felt a hot breath on my neck. His hands running down my arms. Rhysand was here. I smiled. I turned around, the mist now clearing up, and I saw his face.
"Feyre." His voice was breathy.
Tears starting streaming slowly from his eyes, not afraid to show the emotions he hides behind his tough exterior. I raised my hand to his cheek, brushing my fingers over his tears, seeing him like this made my heart ache, now the tears were streaming down my face. My hands fell slack at my sides. It was his turn to comfort me now, as he cupped my face in his hands and brought it gently towards his face.
"I love you, Feyre. With all my heart." His voice broke, but his warms hands proved how strong he is, was, and always will be.
As he looked me in the eyes, he brushed his tongue over my tears, licking them away. Just like he had Under The Mountain. Heat coursed through my body as I was in the arms of my mate again.
"God damn it. Lucien. Seize him." Tamlin's voice boomed.
"Oh. I don't think you want to do that if you want to see you mate again. Hmm?"
Lucien looked down.
"I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore Tam. You act like you control me. I am not some little fae you can control. I'm going back to the night court."