Chapter 4

Rhysand

I slammed my hands against the walls as I felt pain and despair stroke my side of our bond. It's moments like these that I am most grateful for our bond. We are separated, but never fully. We will always have this part of us intact. Anger courses through me as I think of what could possibly happening to her. It burns me from the inside to the outside. Feyre endures so much for my court, her court. Our court. What I would do to be standing by her now, running my hands through her silky hair, whispering sweet nothings into her ear, comforting her.
All of a sudden, I feel nothing. The bond had gone dead, silent.
I stormed through the halls and to the dining hall where my inner circle was. Even Cassian. As I slam the doors open they all look to me, my wings spread out behind me.
"Rhys? What's wrong?" Mor was the first to ask.
"Feyre. She needs help. The bond, it went silent. No-not the normal silent though. Oh no, it has gone completely silent, dead. We need to help her." I started to murmur, panic coursing through my body. She is my equal. The High Lady of my court, and this is what  I let happen to her.
"We have to go get her. I can't leave her there any longer, spy or not, I love her and she is hurting because of me! BECAUSE OF ME!" My eyes burned as I was realising what was happening. She was slowly fading, and I was the only one there to save her. To keep her true colours alive.
Before I even knew what I was doing, I was winnowing through the mist and smoke around me. To save the love of my life. To save Feyre.