Chapter 3

I hear the doors of the painting room fly open, and my head snapped in the direction of the door. Tamlin stood in the doorway, hand pressed against the large slabs of wood to keep them from closing. When I look him over, I notice how taut his body is, the rage set in his eyes.
"Feyre. What-what is this that you have painted?" His words came out, rage, disgust and horror all mixed together.
My eyes flick between the painting and Tamlin.
"It's.... Nothing. Just a strange.... So you see, the-the thing is, I... Recurring nightmares?" It came out as more of a question though. Cauldron boil me and my horrible lying lately. He walked over to the painting, looking at it, something on his face, something slightly sketchy.
"Feyre. Why did you paint this? I'm won't ask again!" His voice was now furious.
The doors flung open again.
"Taml- did I interrupt som- ah? Feyre, what did you paint?"
I looked to the ground, I should have thought about the fact that Tamlin was still in the manor, along with all the other people he has staying here.
"Lucien, grab Feyre now." Tamlin ordered toward him. Lucien walked over to me, grabbing my arms and holding them against my sides as he pulled me away, towards the door. "Lucien stop. Stop. It's nothing. The painting means nothing." I urged him to let go as Tamlin slowly walked up to the painting, his claws creeping out from under his skin. I struggled against Lucien, not wanting anything to happen to my painting. It was the soul of us, merely captured on a single canvas.
Tamlin ran a claw over my body, which was painted on the canvas, caressing it as if he owned me, and every fibre of anything to do with me.
"This is just so sweet Feyre. You thought you could hide your secret from me? Well, that would never happen. Not with Lucien here to help. He informed me of this little... Thing. You have going with Rhysand. Just precious."
With that, he sent his claws straight through that captured soul. Tearing my heart and painting to shreds.
Hysterical.
The single word to describe me.