Chapter 7

Elain

Lucien took me into his arms, and I soaked in his warmth. I felt nothing but pure bliss. Even though I had only known him for mere minutes before we were taken away from each other, it felt like it had been years that we had known each other. And now as I am wrapped up in his arms, I realised that everything I ever thought or felt for him was right. We were right.
"We... It's okay. We are together. For now. And for always." As Lucien spoke I felt his words rumble through my chest.
I looked up at him, silent tears were streaming down his face. I didn't know he had felt this strongly about me. I reached my hands up to his face, my fingers hooking behind his pointed ears, my thumb caressing his cheek. Standing on the very tips of my toes, I press my lips to his. A soft, sweet, but loving kiss. Now I know, this is the man I want to spend my life with. Sometime during the kiss, his arms found their way around my body, while my hand remained on his cheek the other was tangled into his hair. When he pulled back, it felt like it had been a million years, but I know that every precious second with him is a new second of my new life. A life with my true lover, my mate. With Lucien. My love.
"I-I love you Elain." Hearing my voice roll if off his tongue sent shivers down my spine, but I lost it when I realised what sentence he had just said to me. I pressed my lips to his once again, taking him by surprise. His hands ran down my back. His soft, warm lips moving in perfect sync with mine. He is mine. I am his. It will remain that way forever.