T W O

Tenerife Sea

Edith had never seen this boy before

Edith had never seen this boy before. New people excited Edith. She wanted to know there secrets and the reasons for their actions. She wanted to know what there favorite color was or who there parents were. She wanted to know everything about everyone. Harry Potter was a boy she didn't know. Edith Ambermathy had learned every name and every fact about every boy and girl in this neighborhood over the year. But she had barley known that Harry Potter even existed.  Dudley had never mentioned him and his parents had never mentioned Harry Potter.
The boy with the circular glasses and the lightning bolt scar intrigued the young girl. She wanted to know him. She wanted to know him well.

The sun has risen just three hours earlier. The current time was 7:30 am. Edith awoke with a jump as she rubbed both of her eyes with her fingers. She slept in just her undergarments as her bare feet touched the cold wooden floor. The ginger girl wiggled her toes as she made her way towards the bathroom. Edith turned the knob of the small pearl white bath tub that day in the bathroom across the hall. The legs that held it up were painted gold, that Edith had stubbed her toe on multiple times in her time living in this house. She had only moved here last year, when Harry Potter was still in Hogwarts.
Edith removed her undergarments, leaving her body bare. Her left foot stepped into the bath tub first as her body shivered from the sudden heat on her skin. Edith slowly lowered her body into the bathtub, that was now filled with steaming hot water. The ends of her hair drowned in the water, as she fell back against the tub. Letting her whole body relax.

Edith stepped out of the bathroom with just a blush towel that wrapped around her body. Her hair was now tied up in a loose bun. As she pranced around her bedroom, searching  through her closest for something to put on for the hot summer day. The ginger settled for a long light blue dress, she wrapped a thin brown leather belt around her upper waist as well. Edith stared at her reflection through a mirror on her dresser. She sighed as she tucked a thin piece of hair behind her ear. She grabbed her white shoulder bag given from  her grandmother. The young girl had barely anything to do that day as she had spent the first week of summer finishing all of her school work. Leaving her with nothing to do for the summer.

Edith slammed the door shut of her home as she walked onto the sidewalk of Privet Drive. She began to make her way towards the Dursley home. The freshly mowed smell of grass filled her nose as she skipped past the tightly cut bushes and roses that tried to poke at her legs. He index finger went to press onto the doorbell, making the ringing noise erupt all throughout the Dursley home. The door was answered in seconds as Edith was greeted with the face of Dudley Dursley.
Edith let out a sigh as she cursed under her breath hoping that Dudley wouldn't start talking to her. The two teens were friends at the start of the school year, being next door neighbors and Edith not having anyone to talk too. That was until she figured out that Dudley was a total ass and needed to be out of her life. "Hey sweet thang, come to see me?" He said leaning his arm up against the side of the door. To reveal his Oder filled armpits.
"Actually I was here to see Harry." Edith said looking down at her shoes as she rocked softly on each of her heels.
"He's not here." Dudley sternly said a look of jealousy clearly implanted in his face. Dudley's eyes formed into slits as he glared at the girl in front of him.
"Well I'm just gonna get something I left in his room." Edith said quickly ducking under the taller boys arms, running up the stairs before he could even turn around to catch her.
Edith faced In front of the bedroom of Harry Potter it was the smallest in the house. She stared down the hallway to hear the loud steps of Dudley Dursley making his way up the stairwell.
"I told you he isn't here!" He shouted coming closer.
"Ah fuck it." Edith whispered as she walked into the Potter boys bedroom. And then turning around to lock the door quickly.