F I V E

Tenerife Sea
F l a s h b a c k Part One

Edith Ambermathy was the kind of girl everyone fell in love with, even if she was oblivious to it

Edith Ambermathy was the kind of girl everyone fell in love with, even if she was oblivious to it. Edith Ambermathy came to Privet Drive during the second month of school, Her ginger hair caught the attention of many, her eyes took the love of too many. Her words captivated men and women all around the town. But Edith stayed oblivious with what she could do with her words, her words were friendly. Her face wasn't hard to look at, once Edith sent on her mission to know everyone in her school. She had already captivated hearts. The boys in the halls fell at her feet as she walked down the hallway smiling at many students. Many would call her an attention seeker or a whore. Many would say this was all part of a trick. That Edith Ambermathy craved secrets she craved Information. Every day when she would talk to someone new, they fell under her indestructible spell. The spell she had no knowledge of casting.

Edith Ambermathy was a very popular girl indeed. At just the age of 14 years old she had almost known the entire school. Edith would know the oldest to the youngest children, filling each and everyone of there minds with her words and her thoughts. Causing them to feel like they have finally gotten the ginger beauty. Which was never the truth. Person after person male or female fell for Edith. Even the toughest of them all fell for the young girl. Edith Ambermathy was irresistible. Her kindness was killing. Her words were hypnotizing.

There wasn't a day that went by that Edith Ambermathy didn't meet someone knew. It seemed as if she was on a hunt. A hunt to be able to know everyone's secrets. Edith wanted to know people. She wanted to be able to hold there secrets in her hands and take there words into her mind.

"I wonder who's she after next." A talk brunette whispered to her friend that stood fairly close to her. As the two watched Edith strut down the hallways her book bag hanging from one shoulder. If one heard the sentence I wonder who she's after next they would believe that so person would be looking for someone to sleep with. Edith wasn't. The ginger haired girl stopped at a locker, that clearly didn't belong to her. This was apart of her everyday routine, everyday was a new student every day was a new someone for Edith to steal for the next 24 hours.

The girls dark hair framed her face as the top layer was pulled into a crown like braid that wrapped around her head. Meredith Opal was a strange girl. She was very quiet and it confused many that Edith would go for this girl next.
"My names Edith, what's yours?" The ginger asked as she held her pale hand out towards the raven haired girl.
"Meredith." She squeaked, the dark haired girls face was aimed towards the floor. Her shoes gathering most of her attention.
"Why don't I walk you to class." Edith insisted as she took the girls belongings into her own hands as she followed Meredith down the hallway. The Raven haired girl didn't seem to mine the presence of Edith. She was sure to have heard the many rumors that went around about the ginger. But that doesn't mean she believed them. She was one year older than the ginger, which may give her an upper hand but that didn't seem to work with the other older students that Edith had played with.
"Well I was thinking of meeting up after school today?" Edith said smiling "I'll meet you at your locker and we'll head out then."
Merediths heart skipped a beat as she locked eyes with the younger girl. Who was about 3 inches shorter than she was. Meredith swallowed the lump in her throat as she let out a dimpled smile nodding her head in agreement.