N I N E T E E N

Tenerife Sea

As a few days past and the freckled face girl began to understand the magical castle around her, she mainly spent her time getting lost in the endless amounts of stairs talking to the picture frames that had way more to say than she had thought

As a few days past and the freckled face girl began to understand the magical castle around her, she mainly spent her time getting lost in the endless amounts of stairs talking to the picture frames that had way more to say than she had thought. Other than that she spent her days in the kitchens with Dobby and the other house elves, Edith found their presence some what comforting, as she helped with cleaning the very few dishes since they did not have hundreds of students to feed. They liked holding her hand and dragging her from corner to corner of the kitchen showing her the things that they had done. Getting way too excited than any normal person would be, but Edith found it cute. The house elves always wanted the ginger haired girl's attention whether it be for the smallest things or the biggest things, no one had paid attention to them like she had ever before. With a look of wonder and interest as she would smile and laugh at the things they said to her. Edith Ambermathy made these elves feel as if they were something more than just an slave made to serve, for that they were thankful. Which is exactly why the small creatures each had their arms wrapped around her limbs, trying their very best to not let her leave the kitchens. "But you cannot leave Mrs.Ambermathy," A much younger house elf pleaded, its hands wrapped tightly around the girls leg as it held itself back trying it's very hardest not to let her move. As Edith clung onto the shelf of the outside fireplace trying to gain the strength to break away from the grasp of the small creature. "I have to go now," Edith said breaking free from the grasp the elves had on her as she glanced sadly at them waving as she walked out of the door. There eyes contained the same look a dog would give its owner as it watched them walk away for a days work or to never come back.

Albus Dumbledore wasn't so sure if it was possible for such a muggle like girl to possess any sort of magical ability, especially at such a late age. But the Ambermathy girl was special, some sort of special that Albus was yet to explore, yet to learn of. For he knew of her grandmother and her strange past with an riddle like boy. Although the man was not sure of the actions that Edith would take, she did seem oddly similar to her grandmother. Which in ways scared the wizard.

"Diagon Alley?" Edith said repeating the words he had said earlier, as he explained the where the girl was supposed to go that day.

"It is where you will get your belongings that will be needed for the wizarding world." He explained.

"But I'm not a wizard," Edith said her eyebrows raising in confusion. The girl never thought she was a wizard, although no one ever thinks they are a wizard. She most defiantly wasn't, and she knew that for sure. The way Harry talked about magic, the way he explained it to her. The way he said it ran through your veins into your heart, your hands, your mind. As if you set off a switch that released magic into your blood stream, Edith knew that such a thing wasn't for her. She wasn't quite sure why it wasn't for her, it just didn't seem like something she believed she would be able to do.