F O U R T E E N

Tenerife Sea

That night Harry James Potter went home and cried

That night Harry James Potter went home and cried. Tears wept from his eyes until they would not fall any longer. The feeling of pain rushed through his body as the image of Meredith Opal flashed through his mind, the image of Edith as she numbly draped her body across the corpse like form of the pale girl, as the sound of her tears echoes through out the room. It all had begun to be too much for the teenage wizard to handle, it crashed onto him like a boulder that hung over his head from a loose thin string, that eventually grew heavy falling onto him. The boy had seen to much death, too much sadness. It brung back older memories of Cedric Diggory, he wished on far to many stars to bring the bright Hufflepuff boy back from the dead. He will never be just a spare, at least to Harry. It brung back the crushing sound of his mothers last breaths, her screams ran on repeat through the drums of his ears. The way she fell before his eyes for the hooded cloaked creature cast a devil like spell upon her. Voldemort. Harry Potter did not just cry for Edith Ambermathy or Meredith Opal. He cried for the wrongs that Voldemort had done, the pain he had gone through after all these years of knowing he was a wizard. The pain of feeling alone under the stairs of the Dursley home. He cried for Amos Diggory as he ran to the dead body of his once alive beautiful son. He cried for the parents he would never get to meet again. For one feeling triggered another in a chain link of events. Harry pushed his face up against the thick white sheet of his pillow trying his best to mute his sobs. His arms wrapped tightly around his own body trying to hold in the little amount of feeling he had left.

Edith Ambermathy followed her usual Routine, the same one the same list of events that she did every time she came home from seeing Meredith Opal, the one person she had thought she loved. But love something you needed from two people for it to be real, not just one. For Meredith Opal did not love her, she would never love her. Not the love she shared with her parents, with her family. But the real love, the real want of feeling like she could belong to someone. That they could belong to her, for once Edith Ambermathy thought that Meredith Opal could be that someone for her. But not anymore not right now. Edith laid on her too soft bed, head rested on a feathered pillow. Her hair tied in a large bun that rested loosely at the top of her head leaning towards the right side. Her clothes had been discarded onto the floor, her bare skin touched the thick blanket like fabric, so smooth and warm. For the girl looked back on the times she had shared these same sheets with Meredith, the time her skin touched hers in the most beautiful of ways. Tears slipped down her cheeks as she held the fabric closer to her, attempting to shield herself from the memories of the past not wanting to look back on them any longer. Edith's eyes stayed open, for she had tried to force herself to sleep many times she was unable too keep them shut for the memories attacked her thoughts way to easily for her to keep them shut. The girl rose from the plush mattress her bare feet tip toes along the cold hardwood floor, her hands rummaged around looking for some sort of clothing. Feeling the thin fabric of a long sweater in a dark shade of earthy green that had been discarded onto the floor of her bed room, she didn't know how long ago. She slipped it over her once nude body. Looking for a pair of pants she grabbed some not far from the sweater she had found. The girl did not bother searching for a pair of shoes for she did not feel like looking through her closet any longer. The sleeves of the sweater passed her hands as they hung at her side. For the girl wondered how this home could be so cold in the humid hot temperature of the dry summer in Britain. She quietly exited her room not before grabbing a lose Bobby pin on her dresser, her feet rubbed against the soft feeling of carpet as she made her way down the stair way. Hoping that the creaks would not wake up her mother and father. She had done this many different times after all, getting to know many of the boys and girls at her school. It was as if they all were automatically attracted to the ginger haired girl, for she did love that indeed. The girl shut the wooden door behind her, hearing the soft click of the lock. The bun on her head had fallen down lower almost losing itself all together, the girl reached for it releasing her hair from the loose band.  As it fell in a thick waterfall down her back in small knots and long strands of ginger colored locks. A small gust of wind blew it back causing small strands to fall in her face as she blew them away with her breath. The moonlight lit her path as she quickly ran towards the door of the Dursley home. Her eyes met with the small lock as she bent down on her knees, the wired Bobby pin in hand as she bended it out of shape to form a portable like key. The girl picked at the lock her ears listening carefully for the sound of opening. Soon enough after a few tries the girl heard the satisfying sound of an opening door. Edith turned the knob with her hands making sure not the make a sound. Letting herself into the Dursley home, the familiar sight of ugly flowered wallpaper and the light tan colored couches welcomed her in. Although her sight was dimmed by the darkness the small amounts of moonlight still guided her way. Like a careful cat she tiptoed up the stairs, making her way towards the bedroom of Harry Potter.