Chiron

I don't know when exactly this is. It's what could've happened if there was no underwater kiss. So sixteen, I guess. Song of The Chapter: i hate u, i love u by gnash. (At least I think that's the video. I'm not able to check at the moment because my family is all in the living room and I have no access to earbuds.) And this chapter is undergoing MAJOR editing, so excuse it if it's a mess.

     Every few weeks or so, Annabeth visits my office to talk with me. I knew she was going to come in today.

     "Hi, Chiron," she greeted. Something was obviously on her mind.

     "What's on your mind?" I asked. I don't know how I thought she would react but it wasn't what happened. She broke down crying.

     "Oh, child," I said, pulling her into a hug. "What's wrong?"

     "It's Percy. I love him but he's so oblivious!" she cried. "I've been dropping hint after hint but he still doesn't realize!"

     "Are you sure?" I said.

     "Yes," Annabeth replied.

     "Annabeth, I've seen the way he looks at you. I think he loves you, too."

     "Why would he? He's the savior of Olympus and I'm just...me. (A/N: Just Harry) I'm nothing special!"

     "Annabeth. Have you ever heard Percy talk about you?"

     She sniffled. "No."

   "He calls you, 'beautiful, smart, amazing, and flawless in every way'."

     Her eyes lit up the slightest bit, but were still full of doubt. "H-he does?"

     I smiled. "Do I have any reason to lie?"

     "No. . ."

     "Don't worry, child. It'll all work out in the end."

     At that moment, Percy decided to come into the Big House. "Hey, Chiron? Is Annabeth in here? I haven't seen her anywhere today!" he called before coming into the room. He found us in there, Annabeth with red eyes, a runny nose, and dried tears on her face. "Oh, thank the gods you're in here, Annabeth. I tho— are you okay, Annabeth?" he asked when he saw her face.

Annabeth's POV

     "Oh, thank the gods that you're in here, Annabeth. I tho- are you okay, Annabeth?" he asked me. I nodded quickly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chiron quietly leaving the room. "No, you're not. Come on, let's go to the beach." All the way there, he kept a firm but gentle hand on my wrist to make sure I wouldn't run away.

      We quickly arrived at the beach, where we sat down in the sand. The sky overhead was looking dreary, like it was going to rain soon. We sat close together.

     "Alright, tell me what's wrong," Percy said after a minute's silence.

     "I'm fine," I said in reply.

     "Don't lie to me. I know you."

     "It's nothing!" I insisted.

     "You've been avoiding me for the past two weeks! Don't think I didn't notice! Was it something I did?"

     "No! You were too busy hanging out with Rachel! You're the one who's avoiding me!"

     "I was not! Maybe you don't realize this, but we haven't hung out since she said the next Great Prophecy! Why are you so mad at me?"

     "I'm not mad at you!" hot, angry tears were filling my eyes.

     "Then what did I do?"

     "It's what you didn't do," I whispered softly. The tears, now sad, spilled over. Percy, noticing this, forgetting all about being mad, wrapped me in his arms. It felt so right and safe there. He held me as I cried, not realizing he was the very reason I was this mess today. (A/N: These types of AU's [though my favorite Percabeth fanfics; message me if you have any good ones to read please!] are the reason I'm an emotional mess. You deserve it.)

     Eventually, he said, "Annabeth, I've let you cry. Now tell me what's wrong."

     "It's just that you never caught on," I hesitantly answered.

     "To what?" he asked, confused.

     "To this," with a sigh, I leaned over and pressed my lips to his. (A/N: This description's gonna suck. Sorry in advance.) He froze. I pulled away after a few seconds and got up to run.

     He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. "Wait," he said. He cupped my face in his hands, and kissed me, slowly and sweetly. I tangled my hands in his hair as his moved to clutch my waist. I deepened the kiss. We ended up with him lying in the sand, me completely on top of him, straddling his waist. We finally broke apart, breathing heavily.

     "I've wanted to do that for a while," Percy said.

     I laughed softly. "So have I."

     We continued on.

A/N: That's a wrap! How was it? Oh and by the way, Chiron was watching through the window. I know. Creepy. Oh well.