Sally Jackson

Percy and Annabeth are 23. Song of The Chapter: Best Day of My Life by American Authors.

     I hustled around my kitchen. Today was Sunday, and Percy and Annabeth always come over for a few hours. I rented a movie, but I couldn't find the popcorn.

     "I'm home!" Paul shouted from the living room.

     "Where were you?" I asked.

     "Buying popcorn," he answered.

     "How'd you know I couldn't find it?" I said.

     "Because you never can," he replied. I laughed and hugged him.

     Just then, the door opened, and in walked Percy and Annabeth.

     "Hi, mom!" Percy shouted childishly.

     "Hi, Sally," Annabeth said after she rolled her eyes.

     "I've known you since you were twelve. You dated my son for four years, were engaged to him for two, and now you're married to him. You might as well call me mom," I said, probably for the fortieth time.

     "Annabeth's gonna be one too," Percy muttered under his breath. I spun around dramatically.

     "What?" I just about screamed.

     "You heard me." he responded. "I said, and I quote, 'Annabeth's gonna be one, too.'"

     I let that sink in for a second time. "YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" I shrieked to Annabeth. She grinned and nodded. "I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA!" I continued. Annabeth laughed as I threw my arms around her. "Thank you!"
I cried. I hope this time will be better than the last..

     "My pleasure," she said.

     I took a second to compose myself. "Do you know the gender?"

     "Girl," answered Percy.

     "I'm going to have a granddaughter!" I shouted. Both Percy and Annabeth were beaming. I started crying.

     "That'll be a good thing to show her," Paul commented.

     "You were recording that?" I shrieked.

     "We told Paul beforehand and he agreed to film it," Annabeth explained.

     That was one of the happiest days of my life.