Chapter 4

As usual, Mum was in and out like a flash and barely gave us time to get a word in edgeways. Maybe today wasn't the best day to tell her.

We waved her off from the door before closing it and returning to the sofa.

"Well that went well" I said sarcastically. She laughed.

"Next time" she replied.

We decided to watch a DVD. Jen set it up while I attempted to make, and burnt most of, a bag of popcorn.

"Shit" I said under my breath as I pulled the bag of blackened pieces out of the microwave.

"Let me do it" she laughed, her presence catching me off guard. I pulled out a new bag from the cupboard and let her try. I sat on the sofa with my head back and my eyes closed. I felt weight on my legs and opened my eyes to find her perched ontop of me.

"You move like a fucking ninja" I laughed.

"Sneaky sneaky" she laughed back.

Her legs were over mine and she was facing me, straddling my lap.

I couldn't resist her face being this close so I pulled her lips into mine. She definitely didn't hesitate. My hands were on her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck. This exchange was far more passionate than any we'd shared before. It was at least two minutes before she ran her tongue teasingly over my bottom lip before pulling away.

"Well" I stated as I exhaled.

"Still wanna watch the film?" She smiled.

I raised my eyebrows. Was she suggesting what I thought she was? I nodded.

"Buy me dinner first" I said, sticking out my tongue at her.

"Ok" she laughed.

We were interrupted by the sound of the microwave, followed by the smoke alarm.