Chapter 23: Captured

CHAPTER 23: CAPTURED

PACO'S POV

Ashley just stood there. It was a perfect time to make my move. I ran up behind her with a shovel in one hand. As she turned around, I swung. She collapsed to the ground, unconscious and barely breathing. I laughed as I saw the cut right above her left eyebrow and how it only took me one hit. Just as I was about to tie up her hands, her phone started ringing.

"Ashley?? Where are you??"

"brb" I answered them back. Wouldn't want to create a bigger mess later if more were to come out here. I tied up her hands and feet. I gave her a light kiss on the lips as i put duct tape on her. Picking her up, I laid her in the back of the van, careful of not waking her. After putting the shovel in the back, I picked up her phone again and texted back.

"wasn't ten minutes up?"

A few seconds later, whoever it was replies back. "Ashley? Who is this?"

I laughed at such a ridiculous question and answered back. 

"she's dead now."

Before they could answer back, I threw the phones, Ashley's and my old flip phone, to the ground and stomped on them until they broke into pieces. 

"Thank god for untraceable phones," I laughed as I got into the van. I drove off without looking back, except at Ashley in the back seat, softly dreaming.