Chapter 21:Death

Soryu P.O.V.

The cars came to a stop,letting us know we're here.The rest of the guys decided to come too,having their own reasons.Eisuke came for entertainment,the slacker came saying he might as well do his job for once,the thief came to 'help the pretty lady out' and Ota came because he wanted to.We stepped out of the car as we came face to face with Kinuoka and his men.

Behind Kinuoka,I spot two of his men,holding someone by their arms as the person's head was facing downwards,making me unable to undentify the face.But I would recognise those strands of blonde hair anywhere...

"Carolyn" I half-heartedly whispered as my voice cracked slightly at her battered form.Then,as if she heard me,she raised her head up.My eyes widened in shock.Her eyes looked so dull...so..so...lifeless.It broke me to see the woman I loved and vowed to protect in this state.

After awhile of shouting,Kinuoka pulled a knife up Carolyn's neck,drawing blood.My fingers itched to pull out my gun and end his life right then and there,but I couldn't.He let go of Carolyn as he muttered something to her which I couldn't here and passed her the knife.She then turned towards me,as she slowly walked towards me,knife in hand.

"Forgive me.....Soryu.....I..."

Blood splattered in front of me as my eyes slowly widened.The knife was slowly extracted as I looked at her.

"......love you....."

Was all I heard Carolyn said before toppling forward.

I caught her as I felt her blood soak my hands and clothes."C-Carolyn....why...." 

I felt tears rushing to my eyes as Carolyn's now unmoving body laid in my arms.Her eyes were closed,as if she was in a peaceful sleep.A sleep...of death....

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I hugged her close to me,softly caressing her now cold cheeks.

"I-I v-vowed to p-protect you...a-and yet I...I" I choked out as I looked at her.I leaned forward as I gently connected my lips with her cold ones.My tears dripping onto her face as I held her body close to mine.I gently set her down as I shakily got up,hands on my gun as I glared at Kinuoka with the most harshest and deadliest glare I could muster.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!"

Eisuke P.O.V.

It's not possible but is is...the woman's dead.

While Soryu went on a mad killing spree which seriously freaked me out,with his bloodshot eyes and all.Baba,Ota and I were checking on Carolyn while Mamoru was callin for backup.I checked her pulse.

.........

There's nothing....

Is she really....

Dead?

AUTHOR'S NOTE.PLEASE READ

Forgive me for not updating as scheduled ^-^

I had some things going on so I hope you guys understand.Yeah I know,this chapter's short but the next one will be longer,promise!

And also...

CLIFFHANGER!!!!