Chapter 30:Fixing My Girl

Soryu P.O.V.

I sat beside Carolyn who's been in a coma for about a week now.I can't stop thinking about what she said back when we rescued her.

"I'm not real?I'm a ghost?Carolyn...what have they done to you?" I whispered as I glanced at her sadly before sighing.I can't forget the fear in her eyes when she looked at me.She's never looked at me like that before.

I gently stroked her cheek as I looked at her peaceful face.

"Why can't we just be happy?"

I asked her sadly and was shocked when she started to squirm.

"Carolyn?Carolyn,can you hear me?!" I asked as she opened her eyes and looked at me.Her eyes turned as wide as saucers before she tried to punch me at which I caught with my hand."Carolyn snap out of it!"

"You're not my Soryu!You'll never be my Soryu!" she kept repeating like a mantra as I tried to get through to her.

"Carolyn,it's me!Whatever Jimura told you wasn't real Carolyn!You gotta snap out of it!Come on Carolyn!" I shouted as I hugged her body close to mine even as she struggled.

"Soryu's dead...h-he's gone..." she cried as I rubbed her back and soothed her.

"I'm not dead Carolyn...I'm here now aren't I?Ghosts are transparent and pass through objects.I'm as real as can be" I reasoned with her as I felt her start to calm down.

"Soryu's....not dead?" she asked quietly as I kissed her head and said:

"No,I promised I'll always be by your side right?Well I intend to keep it"

"S...oryu..." 

I felt her slump forward,indicating she fell asleep.I gently laid her down on the bed again and pulled the blanket over her just as the nurses and doctors came rushing in.

~~~

A few days later,I brought Carolyn back to the penthouse.

She looked around in fear,clinging onto me like a baby monkey would cling onto it's mother.I felt saddened by this.

Don't worry Carolyn,I swear I'll make the old you come back.

I vow silently in my head as I brought her into the lounge.

"Hey there pretty lady!Welcome back!You've got no idea how worried Sor was....." Baba trailed off when he noticed the frightened expression Carolyn's face as she scooted behind me,hiding herself.

"It's ok Carolyn,he won't hurt you" I said to her gently as she still stared at them with uncertainty.

"Hmmph,troublesome woman"

I glared at Eisuke,who in turn just glared back at me.

I felt Carolyn tug at my sleeve as she whispered:

"Soryu?Can we go out?I-I don't really wanna stay here" she said as she looked down while the bidders were all looking at us curiously.I nod my head and we went out,ignoring the shouts of the other bidders behind us.

~~~

We walked through town together,holding hands as we strolled down the streets.We were just about to cross the road when....

"!!!"

I felt my mafia instincts kick in as I avoided an incoming kick,holding Carolyn close to me as I glared coldly at the man.

"Give the girl here!Boss'll love having a new girl to mess with!" another man said as I realised I was surrounded.

It's 8 vs 1,minus Carolyn.

I pulled Carolyn close to me as I got out my gun.

I avoided the punches and kicks they threw as I shot at them,not fatally as to kill them though.I heard Carolyn whimper as the fight continued.

"Hyah!"

I was unable to dodge one of the punches as it hit my face,causing me and Carolyn to fall over.I quickly got up as I shot at that man.

3 men left...

I eyed them cautiously,waiting for their next move.They surprised me by attacking all at once!I caught two of them as the third's fist was getting close to me.

*BANG!*

"UGH!!!"

I heard a gunshot as the man fell over,a gunshot would on his thigh.I looked behind me and saw Carolyn glaring at the man before turning her gaze over to us.

She took aim and fired.

It wasn't long before all of the men laid bloody on the ground.I'm just relieved that we chose to walk in the part of the city that didn't have so many people,otherwise there would have been casualties.

"You ok Soryu?" she asked me as she crouched down beside me and cupped my face with her hands,worry evident in her eyes.

"Y-yeah...Carolyn...are you ok?"

"Hmm?Yeah,better than ever!Though I can't really seem to remember what happened in the past few weeks." she mumbled.

Huh....she lost her memory of when she was with Jimura...

I embraced her suddenly,shocking the hell out of her as I felt her jerk back.But she slowly wrapped her arms around me too.

"Woah,what's with the sudden display of public affection?" she joked.

"No reason..I'm just.....

..... Glad to have my Carolyn back" 

NEXT UPDATE DUE:SUNDAY :D