Chapter 23:Always in your heart

I slowly opened my eyes,groaning as I did so.Ugh...where am I?

I saw white lights all around me.

Am..I....in Heaven?

But then the bright white light dimmed,and I could see more clearly.Am I...in a hospital?Wait,wasn't I supposed to be dead?

I clutched at my heart,clearly remember stabbing it and yet here it was...beating normally.

The door clicked open,as Soryu walked in.He dropped the bag which was full of food he was holding as he rushed over to me and embraced me.I wrapped my arms around him as I snuggled into his warmth.

"Carolyn...you're ok...you're ok...." Soryu kept repeating like a mantra as he stroked my hair.But with his tone of voice...I knew something wasn't right.I let it go at the moment as I smiled softly at him,just as the other bidders entered the room.

"You're awake pretty lady!"

"You had us all worried there kid"

"Carolyn!Are you ok?!"

"Hmph,I don't understand what all the fuss is about"

I stuck my tongue out at Eisuke,who in turn,glared at me.I realised someone was missing...

"Hey guys,where's Subaru?I wanna see him too!"

All the guys faces dropped just as I said Subaru's name.Even Eisuke looked at me pitifully.

"Oi....what's going on?I just wanna see Subaru...." I asked,confused as Soryu turned me around to face him.

"Carolyn I....."

Soryu's voice was grim and I sensed sadness mixed in it.

"Soryu?Where's Subaru?" I asked,frightened now as I gripped Soryu's clothes tightly.

"He...he's..." Soryu struggled to get the words out as I started to panic.

"d-dead....."

Soryu choked out as everything around me suddenly went still.My mind was blank as I processed Soryu's words.Dead?I don't believe it...I don't believe it!!!!!

I grabbed hold of Soryu's collar as I brought my face to his,growling lowly.

"You're lying!Now tell me where he is!" I shouted as the bidders tried to pry my hands off Soryu who looked pained.I kept on thrashing while screaming hysterically.He can't be dead!I don't believe it...I refuse to!"Tell me where my brother is or I'll send you all to HELL!!!!" I roared as I punched Mamoru who fell down.

I saw Eisuke press the help button that was attached to a wire.Soon,some doctors and nurses were holding me down while trying to calm me down.Soryu soon approached me,something in his hand.

"Here...." he whispered as he put it in my hand and walked out,the doctors and nurses following suite.It looked like a letter....

Oh!I get it.Tch,it's so obvious of you Subaru!

When we were young,we always sent secret letters to each other,no matter where we were.We seldom do it now since we're not kids anymore but we sometimes still do it.I smiled as I opened the letter and took out the piece of paper.

Dear Carolyn,

Yeah,yeah I know.Not really a good way to start a letter is it?But I haven't got much time.When you receive and read this letter,I'll most probably be dead.Damnit...you always do stupid things you know that?!But then again,that's what make you..well,you!So,there's a lot of things I wanna tell you but I'll try and make it short.Forgive me for my hand-writing,I'm kinda in a rush here!

I'm sorry....I'm sorry I was never there for most of our childhood.I failed to protect Mother,on that fateful day that we lost her.Since that day,I have been carrying the guilt inside of me,thinking that Mother could have been alive and you would have remained your innocent little self if I didn't went on that stupid mission at that time.I was never there for you when you needed it.I took dad's attention away from you and mom.

You know....this is the first time I'm admitting this but I really look up to you big sis.Ever since we were young,you have been my role model and I have always wanted to be like you.You treated me with kindness and warmth while I was barely there most of the time to receive your hugs of love for me.I failed as your brother...

Mom told me once....that she was always so proud of us.As we grew up,you kept looking out for me,protecting me from everyone that you thought was a threat to me...your younger brother.I became an idiot,and took all your love for granted.When I look back at it now,I can't help but feel like I'm a pain in the ass.You and mom were always,always waiting for me.And yet ...I was never there.I'm always off training with dad or something else,ignoring you and mom completely.I could have made an effort to see you guys but I didn't...man I suck....

But this time...I'm just in time...I have a chance to make up for all those times...that I failed...

Carolyn,I'm gonna do a heart transplant you hear me?Well,you can't but try imagining my voice telling you that you,kay?Great!So,you would most probably freak out,don't lie.But I want to do this.If it means I can sacrifice my happiness for yours,I would do it any day.I know I may not be the perfect younger brother that you and mom desired,but I hope that I was the brother,who protected his big sister.

Well,their getting ready to send me into the operation room now so I have one last final thing to say,or should I say,write.

This is not your fault,ok?I wanted to do this,it was my decision,mine alone.I may not be there in person but....I'll always be watching over you...a piece of me will always be inside of you.We'll be together forever-brother and sister.I'll say hi to mom for ya,you better not join us up here anytime soon!Or else!

I love you Carolyn....thanks for being the best big sister in the entire universe!

Farewell.....

Love~Subaru (Bro)

Tears were flowing non-stop down my face now as I choked on my own tears,the droplets landing on the letter.

"Subaru...you...you idiot!I-I never told you to....why did you...."

I cried my heart out that day.As I felt the other half of my heart drift away.Flying towards my brother who was now in heaven.

AUTHOR'S NOTE-PLEASE READ-V.V.IMPORTANT.

Hey there everyone!

I apologise deeply for not updating.I was gonna update on Thursday but I was told I'm entering the debate competition in my school so I had to focus on that.

I'm very very sorry!

Hopefully this makes it up to you guys!

Loves-Carolyn