13

You gotta move it slowly
Take and eat my body like it's holy
I've been waiting for you for the whole week
I've been praying for you, you're my Sunday candy

It's the first time I was singing in four years. Kimeon came up here and made me. Currently we were at a karaoke bar and singing Sunday Candy together.

When we were done everyone began clapping.

"You sounded amazing. You should start singing again." Kimeon said once we got back to our table.

"That has been retired. I am 24 with two kids. I don't have time." I said.

"That has never stopped you before." He said smirking at me.

I finished eating my salad and we left. We decided to take a walk on the beach. He reached for my hand and I got butterflies. Damn. I am a grown ass woman getting butterflies.

"You know you and Noah were goals." He said.

What the fuck did this mofo just say?

Instantly those butterflies disappeared.

"Why the fuck?" I said trying to comprehend what he said.

"I'm just saying ya'll was cute as fuck. I mean ya'll relationship these past years were fucked up as hell but ya'll was cute." He said.

"Nigga are you gay?" I asked.

"Bisexual." He said.

"Since when?" I asked.

"Remember when you fled to Tennessee?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well when you and Razi went out I had a date with this dude. I mean shit ain't work out but still." He said.

"Ohhh. Yeah you was looking a little too spiffy when you came to the hospital." I said laughing a little.

His phone began ringing and he answered. It was a little awkward just standing there but he finally came back.

"Look I need to get you home. Levar got his ass arrested." He said.

"What he do?" I asked.

"Trying to be a pimp." He said.

We walked back to his car and he drove me home. I let Noah go over there with his family because I really didn't feel like driving the girls over there.

When I walked in the door everyone was sleep. I picked Kennedy up and put her in her bed then did the same to Erin.

I woke up Noah.

"Hey you guys can stay in the guest room. It's a little late and I know you have a long drive back." I said in a whisper.

"Yeah thanks." He said in his sleepy tone.

I walked upstairs and put on my pajamas. A Pink sports bra and jogging pants. Okay I'm only 24 and I have an amazing body after two kids. I like to show it off just a little.

I laid in my california king bed. It's lonely with just me in it but I make due. I closed my eyes and instantly the nightmares came.

When he hit me. When he threw me. Then it was like a flashback to when Serenity beat me then nearly burned me. Then we were back to when I got shot. Then when I was kidnapped and raped. Then the starting place. The hotel in Memphis. When my mother beat and beat me.

"No!" I yelled.

It was a dream. Just a dream. I was sweating hard. I grabbed my cigarettes and my lighter and went out on my balcony. I leaned over the rail as I smoked.