twenty.

Some people show their emotions with their eyes. Yoongi showed his with his unfairly attractive mouth. When he was concentrating, his tongue poked out of his lips, and when he was amused, the left side of his mouth twisted upwards slightly. When he was angry, his lips flattened into a line and his entire face closed off. Jimin found this out today when a younger couple stepped into the store. It was a girl and her boyfriend, and the girl wandered off to browse while the boy walked straight to the counter where Jimin stood like a deer in headlights. Yoongi was standing next to Jimin to learn how to use the cash register. Jimin sensed Yoongi cross his inked arms, managing to look menacing in his pink apron while Jimin just smoothed his nervously. There was something in the boy's expression that made Jimin feel afraid. The boy sidled up to the counter and began picking at his nails. Jimin felt slightly better as he heard Yoongi huff, "Classy" behind him quietly.

"Welcome to Jimin's Flowers, how can I help you?" Jimin said, trying to sound cheerful and not like he was about to piss his pants. It didn't help that Yoongi kept touching his butt- whether on purpose or by accident, he couldn't tell.

"Look," the boy started, and Jimin's heart sank. "I don't want anyone to see me here, so I need some random flowers for my girl over there so I can leave."

"Um-" Jimin began, but was cut off as he heard Yoongi snort scathingly from behind him. Jimin was gently pushed out of the way by Yoongi, who stepped forward. Jimin could tell that he was up to something and tried to stop him, but it was no use. Yoongi planted his elbows on the counter and leaned forward. A look of disgust flashed across the boy's face, and he stepped back hastily.

"Why don't you want to be seen here, babe?" Yoongi purred, and Jimin's eyes widened. He clapped a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing at the rude boy's horrified expression.

"Yoongi, please, this isn't how we treat customers," Jimin said, remembering to be courteous, even if you hated the customer. It was the number one rule of any store.

"I'm sorry about that," Jimin smiled and kicked Yoongi in the leg. Yoongi grimaced and limped off to the side of the cash register. The boy looked for his girlfriend, but she was still browsing in the aisles.

"Anyway, what can I help you with?" Jimin poured on the sweetness in an effort to make the boy less angry. The boy just shrugged. Jimin began to list some flowers that were blooming currently, and which ones were the most popular, when the boy took out his phone and began playing a game on it. Jimin faltered and trailed off, feeling hurt. He heard Yoongi make a growling noise again, but it was ten times scarier than the time Jimin had wrestled the apron on him.

"Um, I'm sorry," Jimin said awkwardly.

"Listen fag, can you just shut up? I don't want to talk to people like you," the boy snarled. Jimin's heart stopped and he violently remembered high school and a tile bathroom and feet flying at his head and pain and that word. The boy looked up at him and smirked maliciously, and Jimin realized with horror that tears were sliding down his cheeks. All his talk of bravery and acceptance of himself had evidently gotten him nowhere. He saw Yoongi stiffen, mouth open, tongue curled over his front teeth in scathing disdain and eyes burning with anger.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Yoongi demanded, already low voice seeming to drop a few octaves. Jimin shivered at Yoongi's furious tone and wiped his face hurriedly. His vision cleared in time to see the boy sneer.

"And I suppose you're the fag's boyfriend?" Jimin practically felt himself being punched in the stomach over and over again at the words, and he accidentally made a choked noise. Yoongi looked at him with worry, then whirled on the boy with a sort of regal fury. Moving faster than Jimin had ever seen him move, Yoongi cleared the counter and punched the boy in the face. Jimin heard a crunching noise and the boy staggered back as blood began to pour from his nose.