twenty nine.

Jimin watched the video Yoongi had left him everyday. Whenever he glanced at the empty piano, or stared at the ceiling at ten at night, he heard the melody and felt at peace.

He wondered if he was overreacting about the whole thing. It was only a week; he should've been fine. But, without realizing it, he had invested much of himself in Yoongi, and when Yoongi left, he'd taken the majority of Jimin's heart with him.

And one cannot live without their heart.

So Jimin whiled away the days, continually sending little texts to Yoongi's phone even though it was pointless. He just couldn't help himself.

On Friday night, Jimin walked to the park with his earbuds in. He hadn't done that ever since he met Yoongi.

He found that where he was once satisfied, that was no longer the case. Why settle for stale rhymes when you had real, genuine music right next to you?

Jimin had to settle for the stale rhymes.

He sat under their cherry tree. The flowers looked less beautiful and vibrant. Jimin studied the way they were beginning to wilt, much like himself. He leaned against the trunk of the tree and watched the sun set.

The sight was lonely.

~~~

On Saturday, Jimin was accosted by an elderly woman who looked familiar; she had paid the shop a few visits before.

"Where's your co-worker?" She asked in her feeble, shaking voice. "He's such a darling boy!" She continued to gush. Jimin forced a smile.

"He's on vacation, but I'll be sure to tell him that you said that," he said, voice overly sweet. The woman smiled a toothless smile, paid for her flowers, and left without another word. How fitting that other people would note Yoongi's absence as well, when it was all that Jimin ever thought about.

When he closed the store that night, he grabbed the snapback he had looted from Yoongi's room and put it on, walking to Cafe Bliss. Jimin wore the hat constantly; it was plain white with a black brim and went with everything.

To be perfectly honest, Jimin didn't intend to return it to Yoongi. He'd probably return the sweatshirt though; "swag" just wasn't his personality.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow as Jimin entered the cafe alone.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Hoseok asked, a confused smile resting on his face. "I was looking forward to fangirling over my otp!"

Jimin furrowed his brows. "Otp?" He echoed in confusion.

"One true pairing," Hoseok supplied.

"Okay..."

"Are you going to order something, or just stand around in confusion?" The energetic boy asked, laughing. Jimin blushed slightly.

"I'll have a hot chocolate, please," he said. Hoseok winked.

"No house recipe this time?" He asked. Jimin shuddered.

"Never again," he vowed. Hoseok just laughed and made Jimin his hot chocolate. When the steaming cup had been paid for and clutched tightly in Jimin's small hands, he left the shop. The air was too warm, and there were other couples there, besides. Jimin walked home, head down, fingers white around the cup. He didn't take a sip until he was safely in his apartment. He flopped onto his couch and mindlessly watched some TV.

He was such a mess.

He hated to think of how much of a mess he'd be if Yoongi ever left for real. He finished off his drink and discarded the cup, not getting off the couch. He stared at the TV until all he saw were Yoongi's eyes and his mint green hair, and then he fell asleep.