seven.

Yoongi's words stuck with Jimin all weekend; Or it's made you blind, reacting to every little snide remark as if someone had physically beat you. Jimin had the sneaking suspicion that Yoongi was right, but it didn't make anything hurt less. He knew he had an excuse for his actions; you can't just throw away years of physical and verbal abuse and be fine. But maybe he was hiding behind his excuse. Besides, Yoongi's remarks were hardly bullying, no matter what Jimin had said on Saturday. Jimin came slowly to the realization that he'd been hiding. He opened the flower shop and treated it as a refuge, but it made him become a recluse, one who had emotional baggage and bottled up feelings, at that. He had hidden away among the plants, telling himself that he was getting better when he was only twisting the knife in his wound. He groaned. How could he have been so stupid, so blind, that someone who barely knew him already had him figured out? And he had denied help. He was such an idiot. Yoongi had offered to help him, right after Jimin had just exploded on him. Now there was no way he could go crawling to Yoongi, begging for assistance. Not after he had yelled at him and flat out refused his kindness. Kindness he didn't even deserve.

~~~

That Monday, Yoongi had come in and put his apron on as usual, but he didn't speak. Their glances caught on each other's awkwardly, both looking away. Jimin hated the stilted silence even more than he hated Yoongi's commentary. He had come to count on it, however rude or hurtful it might've been. Jimin offered a quick apology, throwing in a bow, and Yoongi only nodded at him. Jimin straightened and sighed. He deserved it.

It was three o'clock and Jimin noticed that Yoongi was getting restless. He paced up and down the aisles, not stopping, and Jimin had to finally tell him to calm down.

"What's your problem, anyway?" Jimin asked, tentatively initiating conversation as he tried to sort through paperwork, working out when the next delivery was coming. He perched on the chair behind the checkout desk, riffling through pages after pages after pages.

"You," Yoongi replied. His lips formed that signature smirk as he repeated Jimin's words from Saturday, but his eyes held anger. Jimin's hands clenched the sheaf of paper he was holding, and he felt so defeated in that moment; maybe that's why he finally opened his mouth.

"Okay, I told you why I freaked out and I even apologized, now it's your turn. Why are you such an asshole?" Jimin crossed his arms, trying to keep the anger out of his tone. He was never going to admit that Yoongi had been right about him at this rate. His words were tinged with fear and tight with control; every time he raised his voice his father raised the belt. Jimin glared at Yoongi to hide the resurfacing of his childhood fear. Yoongi stared back at him, emotionless; ever the statue.

"This is just my personality," he shrugged. Jimin's eyes flashed and everything seemed to turn red. The papers in his hands shook like leaves in a high wind.

"Don't feed me that bullshit! No one is that-that- rude to someone else without a reason! So tell me what I did wrong!" His hold on his emotions broke, and he flinched, a little piece of him breaking as well.

"You didn't do anything wrong!" Yoongi finally lost his calm. His voice was louder than Jimin's.

"Yes I did! Okay? Whenever someone is rude to another person, they have a fucking reason! And I fucking yelled at you on Saturday!" Jimin felt angry tears burn their way down his cheeks. Yoongi sucked in a breath, and Jimin winced; here it was, he was going to hurt Jimin, just like his father-

"You're not the one who did anything wrong," Yoong said, hanging his head. This brought Jimin's rage up short, but his distrust lingered. "I shouldn't have gotten a job here."