4

New Mexico

I lay belly down in the dirt next to Cougar, waiting for Jensen to call in the false collision. I sighed and rested my cheek on my hand. Cougar looked over at me and smiled at my obvious boredom.

"You're never going to be able to have a family chiquita." he mumbled through a thick accent.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "I think that's the most you've ever said to me." he grinned and shrugged, saying that he felt comfortable talking with me.

I smiled at that. "Why won't I be able to have a family?"

"You get bored so easily, chica."

I sighed again. I glanced over when I heard Jensen talking dramatically.

"He's got kids base one, he's got kids!" I snorted and covered my mouth to keep from laughing too hard.

Roque started yelling at him to shut up and Jensen complained that dead men can't talk, and that he needed to get into character. I grinned and bit down on my knuckle to keep the laughter at bay.

The medi-back helicopter flew overhead. Cougar and I ducked as we watch the helicopter land a couple of feet away from our fake wreckage. Once it was down, two people jumped out. I managed to identify them as a man and a woman.

The raced for Roque, who pretending to be dead, while the woman raced for Jensen.

"We're gonna get you patched up in no time.", the woman told Jensen.

"Oh my god.", Jensen said almost dreamily. "Hi. What's your name?"

Cougar laughed. I realized he was laughing at me. Apparently, I made a not so happy face at the sound of Jensen flirting with her.

"Fire when ready, you two.", Clay said to Cougar and I.

"With pleasure.", I said pointing the tranquilizer gun at the female medic. "The bitch is mine."

Cougar laughes again as we shot the two. My dart hit the female medic right in the neck.

Two more people came out of the helicopter and Pooch tranquilized both of them.

"You just got chopper jacked, fellas.", he said.

Clay and Aisha climbed out of the truck to join us.

"Where's my wild goose?", Clay asked.

Pooch climbed into the helicopter and pulled the GPS out of the dash. "GPS, got it!"

"Have you ever seen an EMT look like this?", Jensen asked and I walked up to him. I pulled him down by the collar.

"Really, Jensen?! You're really gonna flirt with her? Hi, what's your name? My legs are broken, but I wanna take you on a date?!", I snapped. Roque, Pooch, and Cougar laughed at this. I let him go walked over to Pooch. He found a rocket launcher in the helicopter and wanted to use it to get rid of the GPS.

I knew Jensen was trying to suck up to me, because he came up behind me and and guided my hands, imagining hitting a golf ball. It worked, because I started giggling.

"Did you know that cats can make a thousand different sounds and dogs can only make ten?", Jensen asked randomly. "Cats. Not to be trusted."

"Why are you with him again?", Pooch asked handing me the rocket.

"How about you shut up.", I said placing the rocket into the launcher. I stepped back and Jensen grabbed my shoulders.

I slightly flinched when it went off and Jensen laughed. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me to him as we watched the rocket fly.

"NOW THAT'S A ROCKET!", Pooch said with excitement. Jensen and I clapped and laughed.

After all the excitement, we headed back to the wear house to fix the chopper.