10

We were forced to our knees before some incompetent, hired soldiers.

"Ya know, she's pretty hot. Maybe we should keep her around." one of them smirked, lifting my chin up. I tugged my head away from him and growled.

"Leave her alone, you son of a bitch!", Jenson snapped.

"Aw, what's the matter. She your girlfriend?" another taunted. "Well guess what, Romeo. You can't do shit."

As if they needed to prove it, one of them smacked me. I wouldn't lie, it fuckin hurt. I refused to react. I didn't move, didn't cry out, didn't flinch. I stared straight ahead until I heard another soldier start talking to Pooch. Before we knew it, Pooch was shot in both his legs.

"Pooch!" I screamed as he fell to the ground, writhing in pain.

"You know, I like that hat." the same man sneered at Cougar, reaching forward to take his beloved hat. Cougs leaned out of the way, but stopped as the man put a gun to his head. "I really don't care if there's a hole in it."

The anger on Cougs face faded into a small smirk as he saw something in the distance. I looked out and saw someone. Aw hell no. I refuse to be saved by her.

Too late. She fired. I growled and slammed my forehead into the head of the asshole soldier that smacked me. Jensen instantly came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his forehead on mine.

"You okay, Teddy Bear?", he asked worried.

"You know I can take a punch.", I said making him smile.

"Hey, I'm sorry to break you two up, but I can't walk at the moment and need some assistance.", Pooch explained.

"Can you stand?" Jens...you poor, naive child. Pooch cocked his head to the side. 

"I've just been shot in both of my legs. What kinda dumbass question is that? Really?"

"Oh, so we're Mr. Grumpy Pants now?", Jensen asked. "You know you're not the only one who's been shot today!"

We sprinted until we reached a safe point...or so I thought. Aisha had her gun raised at Clay.

"Did you kill him?", she asked Clay.

"He didn't kill him, Aisha.", I said and she looked at me. "I did."

And nice face Aisha, you continue to have that internal struggle of yours. I jumped slightly as she shot near us, but killed an enemy gunman.

"Let's go get Max.", she said.

Clay walked over to Pooch. "Can you stand?" Pooch lifted his hands up.

"This is stupid question day isn't it?", Pooch asked. "It's stupid question day and no one decided to tell me."

"C'mon legless Pooch. I gotcha." Jensen grinned, pulling him up. We all piled in to the beat up van and rolled into the middle of the battle ground like the idiots that we are. Clay gave each of us our personal missions. I was sent with Jensen and Pooch. Of course.

"Alright, legless Pooch, Teddy and I are on it.", Jensen said to Clay.

"Call me legless Pooch one more time and you're gonna be headless Jensen." Pooch threatened.

"What? I think it's a cool name. Makes you sound like a pirate." I grinned and shook my head.

"Ya mama's a pirate." Pooch shot back lamely as Jens and I ran off in separate directions. I growled and shot at anyone near me.

I groaned as a bullet clipped my shoulder and sent me stumbling back a few steps. I fired back in the general direction of the bullets angrily and hoped something would hit. The spray of fire continued so I dove behind a crate and tugged a grenade from my belt, tearing the ring out and tossing it.

The explosion was deafening and I'm sure I got shrapnel stuck in me somewhere, but at least the guns stopped.

I groaned and lay on my back, I felt a wetness on my thigh and I whimpered, feeling the pain that I knew was a bullet. I tried to fight my dizziness, but I could feel myself losing blood from my shoulder and my leg.

I grimaced and pressed a shaky hand against my thigh to try and keep the blood from pouring out. I don't think it was working.I was snapped out of my haze by Clay's voice.

"Is everyone okay?" it was in my earpiece.

"No!" Jensen. Oh god, what happened to him? "We can't find Teddy!" oh...

I coughed weakly. "I'm here." I practically whimpered. "I'm laying here pitifully..."

"Here, doesn't really help." Pooch's voice crackled. I looked up from my position.

"Well...there's a canary yellow stretch hummer in front of me..."