\The Invitation/

Aurora muttered under her breath. The recipe she was trying to bake was quite complex, but then again what French pastry wasn't? She was experimenting with different essences in French macarons yet every batch she baked had either too little flavor or too much. "Maybe a spell might do the trick..?" She mumbled under her breath. She bent down and looked for her mom's spare wand. "Puffantium." She murmured tapping the top of a macaron. The macaron exploded, leaving yellow bits all over Aurora's face and some pieces getting stuck in her hair.

      "Mum will kill me if she sees this mess..." Aurora waved her hand around gesturing at the mess she had created full on with yellow batter poured in the top of the counter to the bottom of the floor. Thank God her parents and sister had gone to Diagon Alley to get her supplies for her third year in Hogwarts. Speaking of which she was supposed to get her owl any day now.....

        As she bent to scrub the mess, an owl flown in through the open window and perched itself on the bananas. "Who's there?" Startled, she hastily made a move to get out beneath the table, hitting her head painfully against the table in the process. "Ow." She said massaging her head before finding a small barn owl perched on the...bananas. She found that there was a letter addressed to her and the owl was gone.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Dear Ms. Beliveau, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31st.

-Minerva McGonagall (Headmistress)

       Aurora couldn't believe it. She had always thought of herself as a squib to be honest but wow.  Her? A  witch? It was something she couldn't comprehend. And that was a first.

      "I'm home! And I brought some dung bombs with me." Aurora grinned. If there was anyone who could liven up the atmosphere, it was her sister Selene. Or as Selene liked to go by, Selene Celeste, using her middle name to as she says, "give the name a little more jazz." Selene was growing to be a very good-looking girl, and by the time she graduated from Hogwarts, she would be sure to be a knock out. There were many features that the two sisters had in common. With the thick eyebrows and full lips, the only distinct characteristic that Selene had were instead of having hazel eyes like her sister, she had a gorgeous set of grey eyes. It was one feature that Aurora was always envious of, until she realized how beautiful her own eyes were with the mixture of evergreens, vibrant golds, and deep warm browns.

   "Oh, did you buy some cauldron cakes though is the real question." Aurora asked as she propped her elbow on the counter. Selene pulled out a packet of brightly colored material filled with small cauldron shaped cakes. "And I got you acid pops to sell the whole deal." Selene added, setting the pops on the counter. Aurora smiled. "And the best sister award goes to...." She waved her hands.  "Selene Celeste! Congratulations." " I do try my best." She replied, putting a hand fondly over her heart. "Someone's got to take care of you when you head to Hogwarts." Their parents sat down at the table. "Oh, what is this mess?" Aurora's mother fretted. "Oh Mum, it's not that big of a deal. I was just experimenting with some essences." "And you caused the batter to explode." "Pretty much." Aurora beamed. "What will I do with you." Their Mum smiled warmly before putting on a mock upset face and then chastising her. She tapped her wand on the counter and just like that, the mess was gone leaving a sparkling kitchen.

     "Speaking of Hogwarts..." Aurora pulled her invitation out behind her back. " I got accepted!" The room was full of cheers and "I knew you were a witch", "That's my daughter!"and the occasional "Are the macarons ready yet, though?" 

 Their dad, as they liked to call Papa, grinned from ear to ear. "I knew you had it in it you. I just wonder what house you'll reside in. Any would be great, especially if you get Gryffindor like your sister. Though Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff wouldn't be bad either."  "I'm pretty sure she'll be in Gryfinndor like her sister. She has that bravery little trait going on. Though I wouldn't be surprise if she got into Ravenclaw. Her and that mind always and experimenting and what not." Mum added to the conversation.  "I agree with Mum, let's just hope you don't end up in Slytherin. It's not a bad house, it's just that it's people seem a little...off." Aurora nodded, trying to absorb all the information her sister was spewing. Who to become friends with and traits in people that can either lead to your doom or a chance of a good acquaintance or possibly, a good friend. What not to do in the great Hall even though it may be very tempting, and how the house points work and which quidditch team  and when to root for it. 

    Ah, quidditch. Ever since her sister had introduced her to the game, she couldn't get enough of it. She loved the prospect of the beaters though, mostly. They guarded the their teammates from bludgers and got to hit bludgers at the opposing team. All that really appealed to Aurora for some reason.

    "We'll head to Diagon Alley to get your stuff tommorrow, ok? Now head off to bed. Just because it's summer doesn't mean you get to stay up all night. Je t'aime dors bien( I love you sleep well). 

And with that, they both headed to their rooms and slept a blissful sleep. Aurora wondering what it will be like at Hogwarts and whether she'll make the quidditch team in her second year, and Selene wondering how Aurora will survive.

And that is my first chapter! I really do hope you guys like it and do please comment and vote. I want to know what you guys want to see in the next chapter? The arrival of a villain or possible friend? Or * cue dramatic music* possible love interest? * wiggles eyebrows* 

                                  Have a great day! - Shanz