\Best Friends/

"Finally the weekend!" James exclaimed happily, a smile plastered on his face in the Gryffindor Common Room after being dismissed for their last class of the week. Throwing his school materials on the floor, he said, "August invited me over invited me for a game of quidditch with the rest of the first year boys and I've been looking forward to it ever since-" "That' great.  You should probably go now Don't want to be late do you?"Aurora said looking at her nonexistent watch then pushing him out of the common room, but before he was fully out the door, he had the nerve to face her and stick her tongue out at her. Amused, she stuck her tongue out as well before closing the door on his face with a thud.

As soon as she was sure he was gone she leaned against the door. "Now it'll be just the two of us. We can finally talk without having to worry about Potter butting into the conversation. Those fellas should keep him busy for a good two hours You know how much he obsesses over quidditch. It's getting annoying, really. Quaffle this and snitch that. I love quidditch too man, but there are limits." Aurora collapsed on the chair in exhaustion. "Pushing Potter is hard work. He's heavy you know." Aurora added pointing at Noor.

"I noticed," Noor said closing her book with a final thud. She looked at the door where James had just left. " I think James is going to make some very good friends with those boys. Maybe he'll even become best friends with them."

"That just means that Potter will be spending more time with them then us. More time for us then." Aurora said brightly. "That's one way to go about it." Noor said laughing.

"I think he'll be best friends with August Finnigan." Noor pondered.

"Really? I put my money on Archer Campbell." Aurora put her hand on her chin on mock thought.

"You're just saying that because you have a crush on him."

"Who said that, hm?"

"Your eyes say it all darling."

//////

"You know, when I said 'let's hang out together' I didn't have the idea of studying on our next lesson that hasn't even come up." Aurora said, throwing the papers and study materials in the air in frustration.

"Studying and reading ahead never hurts." Noor said, her eyes never leaving her essay she was working because as she put it "Extra credit and determination is the way to go."

"Yes it does! My hand is cramped from all this nonsense. My head is going to burst from this unnecessary amount of knowledge!I'm doing great in this class. Excelling, actually. Why must I do all this unneeded nonsense?"

"it's not nonsense. But sure, fine. I needed a break." Putting her materials away, she looked up at Aurora. "What do you have in mind?"

Aurora grinned.

/////

"I was thinking of playing Quidditch but the boys are already out there and I don't want to interfere so I was thought why not help the House Elves? Selene told me of this secret passage way that leads to the Kitchens and the elves just fatten you up with all food they give you. And the elves are just so kind." Aurora went on rambling.

"Are you sure Filch won't catch us?" Worry evident on Noor's face.

"Definitely. I heard that Fred and Roxanne Weasley and Selene were planning on releasing some dung bombs down the corridor near the Trophy case Display area," Aurora spun around and pointed in the direction. "Which is in the complete opposite direction of where we are headed. And it should also take up a good hour of Filch's time."

"How do you even catch wind of these things?" Noor questioned curiosity shining through.

"The same way I heard through the grape vine of whenever James wants make a 'deal' with someone in exchange for his dad's autograph or something of 'The Great Harry Potter's possession." Aurora explained.

"Which is?"

"I've learned many things through Selene. That is for sure." Aurora looked in front of them. "We're here!" Noor glanced at the portrait in front of them and then at Aurora. "And this painting of fruit in a bowl is going to lead us to the Kitchens how?" Noor questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Watch and learn, Noor. Watch and learn." Aurora stepped up to the painting and started tickling the pear which only furrowed Noor's confusion. Soon the pear started to laugh and the portrait swung open revealing a kitchen full of busy short elves with big ears. "Oh." Noor said taking in what had just occurred in front of them as they stepped in. "Selene is full of tricks in the book." Aurora said with a proud look on her face.

"Hello, Misses," A house elf bowed at their foot. "How can we help you today?" Aurora looked at saw many house elves who stopped at the sudden arrival.

"We just want to see how things are going and if we can do anything to help you all." Aurora said throwing a curtsy at them, remembering Selene's instructions. 'Kindness is always the way to go." Selene had told her.

The house elves all looked shocked at the unexpected kindness. It was obvious that they didn't get this treatment often.

"There is nothing that you can help us with. I'm sorry Misses." The house elf bowed his head in shame.

"Oh. That's no problem. Can you at least tell us your name?" Noor said, her smile warm and affectionate.

The house elf looked up brightly. "My name is Poppy."

"Hello Poppy." Noor and Aurora said in unison.

Soon Aurora and Noor were venturing through the Kitchens while Poppy was explaining everything. "Oh don't touch that miss. It might bite." Aurora quickly retracted her hand from the flan which had nasty pair of teeth. "Try these misses! These were just made for the arrival of the new seasons. We hope you like it." Soon the pair were munching on creamy raspberry fudge sorbets while Poppy was waiting for there reaction. "That tastes amazing." Aurora said, content. Noor shook her head rapidly in agreement. "Perfect!" Poppy exclaimed, delighted with the feedback.

Soon it was time to go. "Farewell my amazing house elves!" Aurora waved and while Noor hugged her many elf admirers in good bye.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" Aurora questioned, looking at Noor as they neared the common room.

"I suppose it wasn't." Noor shrugged.

"Please. You loved it and so did your many elf admirers."

Noor flashed her pearly whites, grinning in response.

//////

Walking in after repeating the password to the Fat Lady,"Gryffindor's the best suckas." (Password inspired by a very intense discussion involving  Roxanne, Fred, and Selene. The 'ultimate' trio.) They found a very animated James talking to an equally animated August on quidditch.

"They just can never get enough of it can they?" Aurora said in wonder. 

"I told you they would be good friends."

"But they're not best friends are they?"

"Time will prove it."

"Sure it will." 

"It will!"

As their debate went on, James looked at August then at the bickering pair that consisted of Aurora and Noor and then back at August. "What do you think they're talking about?" James thought out loud. "Beats me." August shrugged then added on. " I hear that Bangladesh and Norway are going t o the championships next year." "No way. They're both amazing teams." James said interest peaking. 

Soon both the pairs were in their own conversations. One was about James and who is future best friend would be and one was about, well, quidditch. And what interesting topics they both were.

This story is dedicated to Bonita Rogue for the AMAZING COVER. It's beautiful. Sorry  for the late chapter! I just needed some inspiration and I may have been binge watching the Flash ;) I hope you guys like this chapter even though it was a lousy filler. sorry. Let me know what you guys think! What should I add? I hope you guys have a great rest of the day ❤️