\The Meeting/

This chapter is dedicated to @reader_meter for the love you have shown for this book and for your comments that helped me out of my writer's slump and back into continuing this book for you all.  I really do read all you readers' comments and they make me so happy. I hope I do this book justice for you all. 

  "So you're dating Archer?"

"Yep, it's official." Aurora popped the p and gave a giddy smile.

"But don't you think- well don't get me wrong, Archer's a great guy, but well, don't you think fourteen is a bit young to date?" James asked.

"Says the boy who thought he was in love with Samantha Wilkerson in third year." Aurora fired back.

"What can I say? Samantha was a hottie." He smiled reminiscing on his third year memories. "Though she was a seventh year and turned me down for Jack Shephard. Damn him" He frowned. "Anyways, people and their thoughts change. I'm a year older. A year wiser. Being turned down young should give me credibility on what I'm talking about." James sat straighter and puffed out his chest as if that would prove what authority and credibility he held. "So what's your idea of the perfect time to start dating?" Aurora threw a curious glance at him and gave a small smirk.

"Fifteen, sixteen? Just anything above fourteen." James shrugged.

"Then it's great you're not the boss of me because I'm dating Archer whether you like it or not." She mimicked James' crossed arms.

"You're like the annoying sister I never had." He groaned.

"Hey!" Lily yelled across the room from where she sat with her group of her friends.

"Nevermind you." James waved his hand in her direction, not bothering to look in her direction.

Lily pouted before breaking into a small laugh and diving into an animated conversation with her friends.

"You're just jealous of Archer because he has more 'fans' in this school than you do!" Aurora said with a defiant smirk even though they both knew this wasn't true. Both James and Archer were friends but could you actually call them both friends if they were really rivals? It was a game to them, to see how many 'fans' they could attract purely based on their charm and looks. Though it was an unwritten and unacknowledged rule that they both would not cheat in any form such as badmouthing the other. It was this rule that saved any possible friendship that Aurora had for them. The game itself was silly, unnecessary and it was something that Aurora often didn't stop herself to remind them.

"Sure." James smirked.

"At least I didn't create a game based on popularity." Aurora rolled her eyes, glaring pointedly at him.

"Psshhh," James said. "Everyone loves that game."

"Sure." She mimicked sarcastically.

\/\//\/\//\/\

James walked through the empty halls desperately wishing he had August by his side to entertain him to stop wandering to the thoughts he had stored in the back of his head. But no, August had procrastinated on his Transfiguration assignment that was due the next day and was busy working on it.

"So you're James Potter?"

A girl with loose blonde curls with and striking blue grey eyes stared up at him with an expectant glance.

"What do you think?" James answered cockily, smirking.

"I think yes." She said.

"Congratulations! You guessed right." James made waved his hands gave and gave a fake grin before continuing is path to wander the halls preferably to make small talk with the portraits. Yes, he was that bored. Part of him wondered if the blonde girl would follow and and another part of him didn't mind if she did. As if reading his mind, she followed him. Sensing this, without looking behind to face her he called, "So you know my name but I don't know yours. What is it?"