\ I care /

"None of your business." Aurora would have quipped if not of the knowledge that that would just make the poor rich boy more interested. Instead, she opened for a different technique because god knows she wasn't going to tell him about her romantic life.

"What's Holyhead Harpies' current status without your mum on the team?" She inquired knowing that once started on the topic he would not be able to stop talking.
"Well, I'm glad you asked. Someone finally has an interest in the team's aftermath! Poor Harpies. It's like when my mum left everyone also stopped acting as well. I suppose that says the power of my mum." He stopped, as Aurora assumed was to ponder over how great his family was and the fame and power they held.

It really pissed her off, she wasn't going to lie. To be that narcissist where you would believe you're entitled to the status you have been given in society! Oh, the nerve! If it weren't for his arrogant traits she'd definitely like him more. But she wondered how much value her word was considering the fact that he nevertheless was still a good friend. Did that make her a bad friend? To be tearing apart someone else? Now she was pissed at herself for her being a bad friend.

"Oh, I see what you did there!"

Aurora looked up from her deep thinking of a small session of disliking her friend's egocentric qualities then turned to dislike herself session. Oh, overthinking, how it manipulates her mind.

"Yes?" She asked.

"You just did that so you could get me off topic!" He stated.

"Well you're not wrong," Noor inserted, making herself comfy on the train seats. "If she doesn't want to take about her boy drama then let her be."

"Anyways," she inquired with a hungry gleam in her eyes. "Why are you interested?"

For a moment, James looked conflicted but then he answered with no trace of confusion.

"Because I care about you Aurora. I'm a sucky friend but the least I can do is try to empathize and be there for you." He said looking at Aurora directly.

Aurora felt an eruption of butterflies at the thought. ' I care I about you.' Suddenly her cheeks felt quite warm. She shook her head quickly. No, no! She had a boyfriend and she liked him far more than Potter. Right?

"Thank you." She smiled warmly at him. "But I still will not tell you."

"Dammit."
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"I can't believe you fell for that." August snorted after James was forced to take four cards adding to his already quite massive collection of colorful cards.

They were playing a game that August had brought from his home called UNO. The object of the game was to get rid of all cards and that led to some dirty playing among the four kids in the common room.

"We're friends! I thought I could trust you!" James spluttered, with his hand against his heart. "I feel so betrayed."

Noor sat close to the fireplace looking menacing with the fire roaring behind her. "All friendship aside, you're going to lose anyway. I have one card left." She claimed with superiority, smiling as she waved it in front of their faces.

"It's my turn," Aurora said. "I'm putting down red four!"

Now it was Noor's turn to feel betrayed. "Did you have to change the color?" She said annoyed as she drew a card from the pile.

"HA! KARMA!" James yelled pointing a finger at the girl who was oh so close to winning.

"Oh eat a dungbomb."