\Ideal type/

"He loves me. He loves me not." "He loves me, He loves me not. "He loves me..." A deep sigh escaped Raven's lips as she was plucking petals off of little yellow flower weeds as she lay on the grass of the castle grounds. The day was absolutely lovely with the sky a dashing light blue with clouds swirling the sky looking as delectable as cotton candy. It was a picturesque day with wizards and witches hanging about with birds chirping melodically over their heads. It was a day to be outside, a day to enjoy, a day that begged to be spent well. 

But of course Raven paid no attention to those details. In the larger scheme of things, they were all but important. Now, what was more important, more important than say Astronomy homework (and that is saying a lot!) than the dashing boy ahead of her, James Potter? What a sight he was to see! She saw nothing but the back of his torso as he was talking to his friends, but Merlin, that too was perfect.  

Raven didn't know when she started liking that green-eyed boy actually. All she knew was that he looked like a model and to be honest, that was what she likes about him a lot. He was also incredibly gifted at studies, especially at Defense Against the Dark arts. What could Raven say, smart handsome boys were totally her style. He had a good personality too, she added. But Merlin! He was a handsome man. Raven ever since hitting the age of seeing people as potentially more than friends started to deeply desire a boy by her side. She wanted someone to hug her, to cherish her, to cuddle with her, give her company while she did homework in the candlelight, and to look good by her side. The idea of a cute boy by her side a charming one at that- was simply dreamy. Raven knew that she had almost everything by her side- good looks, good curves, a well-off family, and most importantly, excellent grades.  Now, let's get one thing straight. Knowing all that doesn't make her conceited, she thought to herself. She found herself quite the catch–– so really she was just acknowledging the truth. 

However, Raven knew that to impress people she would need more to bring to the table than just attractive looks but intellect. Because "what good is a blonde if she cannot support herself?" Those words that her mother would tell her daily as she would study in the summer were ingrained in her mind unconsciously redirecting the way Raven thought. So naturally, by fate perhaps, Raven cared a lot for someone's educational status. Can someone be respected in this society if they were not well educated? Raven thought not. So in conclusion, Raven told herself, a smart boy who was also a hot boy was the best boy especially if they were of noble lineage. Oh yes, lineage and honor were the most important traits of all one must have! Call it casteism or elitism, or whatever, Raven saw it as a necessity. So what a steal it is to have all three traits in one boy! And that is why Raven supposed, James Potter was her ideal type. Because he checked all the boxes.

Raven Winslet was a cunning girl who always knew the right move on the chessboard, and getting James Potter to be hers seemed like the best move to make. 

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Aurora could not help but be excited. Today was her and Archer's one-year anniversary! She could draw the scene of when Archer came up to her emboldened on his confidence and asked her out. She remembered the scene so perfectly accurate just as she knew where all, what style, and how many of Selene's old dung bombs were hidden –– (35 large explosive frog mucus ones, 12 tiny overwhelming stench ones, and 18 electric zig-zag patterned (latest product!) all hidden in the chest of her late aunt's room). Needless to say, that day, that moment, was incredibly important to her. Aurora had been looking forward to this day for weeks and baked a dessert that took too long and too many tears to make but she was sure Archer would love it. Hand-baked napoleons glazed with delicacy and precision laid in her bag as she eagerly made her way to the Great Lake where she had called Archer over.