The Discovery That Would Change Everything

The lab was bigger than he could ever imagine, it was about half an hour out of town, but that made the night sky view better. Their town wasn't too small or large, it was perfect for living in. He followed Karasuno's chief officer through the hall of the large lab into a room that had a golden plaque of "Dr. Lopster" on it. His name sounded like lobster, which ironically didn't sound too bad.

If this was a joke, Tooru was pretty sure that by now he would know, but everything was real. Somehow he was actually required for a professional scientist. It still surprised him, even though it had been 45 minutes since he first found out.

And he thought the sun was bright, holy shit. Oikawa didn't want to ask what type of light bulbs these were, he couldn't see due to how light the room was. It was like Sirius was shoved into his eyes. He closed the burning retinas, rubbing them with his fingers as a few tears managed to escape his eyes.

"I'm so sorry! No one warned me you were coming in, Mr. Oikawa! Please forgive me or I would have given you eye protection." When the brown haired student opened his eyes again, everything was pitch black. Tooru screamed, his vision adjusting, eye aches and pain were on the way.

"You're perfectly fine, Dr. Lopster." A Doctrines degree hung on his wall, along with his other degrees, even his high school Diploma was up there. Pictures of dogs and small children with him were in the area around the white wall. This was only the small part of the room he was in, a gigantic window that spread across the room separated them from a large room that had ash all over it now with a fire that put itself out.

"Uhm?" He pointed across to the ginormous lab.

"Ah, as you know we recently discovered an asteroid hurling towards Earth. But now we are confused as ever as it has slowed down."

"What? How?!" His eyes went pure with shock, seeming to already know why somehow.

"That is what we wish to figure out. Our only problem is: Earth is still in danger. We have detected heat signatures in the rock, which means living beings are in the asteroid."

"How does that work?" Oikawa asked, "They couldn't have built the rock unless they put a bunch of chunks together but that would take billions of years for it to compress all into one rock."

"Well, that's another theory we are trying to figure out. Possible that they drilled into the space rock carefully and managed to fit everyone inside. Though, it seems to be approaching Earth within the next 2 hours."

"How come we can't see it?"

"Look out the window."

Sure enough, when Oikawa went to the window there was a large mass that covered the sun and wasn't even on fire by how slow it was going. His brown eyes widened, "How come I didn't see that earlier?!"

"Because we put the protective shield over the city. Everywhere else is vulnerable if the asteroid speeds up." The scientist walked to the window where he was, watching as possibly the slowest moving object he's ever seen gently flew down to the ground, towards their building.

A gleam of excitement sparked in his eyes, "So does this mean, they're aliens?!" His mouth became gaped with excitement that finally he will be able to see aliens in real life, it was just astonishing!

"They are, but Tooru, this is risky territory. We have no idea if they are here to destroy the world or make peace. You will need to stay away when the time comes." Lopster warned with his actual name, both his hands behind his back that clasped to make his chest puff out slightly like a high authority.

Someday he might be able to do that.

Wear scientific glasses and a lab coat whIle pretending to be the highest authority around because he knew science.