Epilogue

NOTE** If yall want an alternate ending, go ahead and either vote or comment with I :3

It had been almost a year.

Oikawa visited Iwaizumi's and his mother's grave daily. Tell them how his day went, anything new.

The alien nerd seemed like a different person now. All charges had been dropped against him after the cops interrogated his poor soul.

Nishinoya was the same way, regretting that he never admitted his feelings towards his former partner.

Long story short, everyone was getting over it. That's just how life is. How it's always been.

On a happier note, though.

Makki and Mattsun adopted a child who had taken a liking to Tooru, mostly because he was her babysitter, but it still worked.

Hanamaki was like a mom, Matsukawa was like a dad, and Oikawa was the uncle that spoiled her rotten. The kid's name was Arata, which means fresh. New.

A new beginning to what is still sad to this day.

His hazel eyes still lacked color and his brown hair seemed shriveled and unhealthy. It was most likely from how much he holds his head all the time, ripping himself apart. He cried every time he even glanced at the gray graves that held sadness and a plead for peace. Only one person knew of this, and that was Arata.

Arata looked at the shaking Tooru over a grave, almost hugging it for comfort. The little girl was curious where he went when her parents got home, so she followed him.

Arata had light brown, long hair and green eyes. Though she was only 9, she was somewhat mature for her age.

Oikawa sobbed for a solid 5 minutes before the child ran up to him for a hug, tightly hugging him.

Everything froze. Tooru looked back as much as he could, tears welling up in his eyes still, attempting to smile before she spoke in her soft voice, "Don't. It must hurt even though I don't understand it. I'm sorry Uncle Tooru, he seemed like a great guy."

She let go, still staring at his red face full of pain. He had to take painkillers for his constant headaches, his memories flooded nearly everything he did, losing all his closest friends in a series of 1 to 2 days. It was so terrible, that living through it must be hell, no doubt.

All in all, he was very protective over who was left. Makki and Mattsun were actually glad he got along with their daughter, it seemed like his own also.

Arata held him, just like Hajime had once, which only made him sob more.

She stared blankly into the distance, thinking of how it would be if Hajime was here, if maybe Tooru would be happy.

It stayed like that until eventually they went home.

"Arata! That's where you were, you had me so worried! We couldn't find you anywhere, we were about to call the police, please tell one of us next time!" Makki scooped her in his arms before Issei walked into the room, a sly smile on his face as if he wasn't scared at all.

"Curiosity kills cats, but I guess it turned out alright."

It's always like this. Makki worries, Mattsun jokes.

Some day it won't be like this. The day that one of them dies. Arata would be grown up, their trio would be old and wanting Arata's success in life like they never had.

Tooru had never gone to be a scientist for obvious reasons. He was just the babysitter while the married couple worked. Matsukawa was a Chemistry teacher, Makki was the laid back Math teacher. He didn't assign homework and wasn't harsh on lessons as a 'Fuck math but you still need it to pass'.

As teachers, these two played pranks on each other like there was no tomorrow. Legally they were both Sensei Matsukawa, but they still went by Makki and Mattsun. Everything was piecing together again, but there was only one thing no one knew.

It was that Oikawa was working on a device to bring back the dead. So far, no success.

Weeks went by, the hours seemed like minutes when you were intent on getting something done.

Life passed by with plans, laughs, tears, what a normal life contains.

"I promise, Iwa-chan, Mom. You will come back to me and we can have the life we always wanted. We can be together...forever."

He was only successful once. It only had to be once. It only worked once.

But he saw him again.

He saw his one again.

And that was all his life would ever need.