Chapter Twelve- Leather Against The Skin

It Runs In The Family

Chapter Twelve- Leather Against The Skin

Damon’s POV-

Letting her go with him was the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time.  But she trusted me to fulfill her needs, and I knew that at that time I wasn’t what she needed.  So I let her go.  I let her stay there with him as I sat in my car, not driving, just sitting there.  A small part of me wanted her to run out.  To say she couldn’t be with anyone other than me.  That she wanted me to take her over my knee for even looking at the bartender.  Instead I sat there by myself. 

My imagination my own worst enemy.  I couldn’t sleep, I could only imagine him on top of her, her hands in his hair, his hands over her body.  The body that I had thought of as mine was now in his bed.  If he was who she wanted, I couldn’t compete with that.  My spirit felt cracked, there was nothing I could do to stop this.  Not now.

Throughout the entire night I slept for a little over an hour.  I dreamt of her, which made waking up that much harder.  I realized that I needed her much more than I thought.  It was like an addiction, like her touch was what drove me, her smiles, the curve of her waist.  I didn’t want it, I needed it.

Elle’s POV-

            I had changed.  I wasn’t the wide eyed girl that I used to be with Michael.  He was always one extreme or another, there was never any in between with him.  His dominant side was so strong it used to scare me, and I thought that was what I wanted.  But that couldn’t compete with how I feel around Damon.  His dominant side may intimidate me, but it doesn’t have me fearing for myself.  I know that with Damon I will always be safe.  With Michael, I don’t know how far he will go.

            I woke up to an empty bed, which allowed me to think for the first time since Damon left.  I didn’t even consider going against with him as he walked out the door. I couldn’t even imagine what he was thinking, why he would ever do that.  I didn’t even consider his intentions last night.  Was this a test to see if I was committed to him?  Or did he want a reason to dismiss me as his submissive?

            I put on Michael’s shirt, finding it on the floor.  It was snug enough on him to show the outline of his muscles, yet on me it was still a dress.  I walked into the kitchen to find Michael, dressed only in sweatpants, getting the milk out of the fridge.  He looked toward me as I leaned one arm on the counter, looking at him with one raised eye brow.

            “Now Elle, we both know what happens when I try to cook.  I thought I would just avoid the inevitable and settle with cereal.”

            I sat down to the bowl of Cheerios, keeping my face blank as I ate.  I didn’t want him to talk about last night, I didn’t want to have to tell him that, amazing as it was, I needed to go back to Damon.   I couldn’t do this with Michael again, it just didn’t work between the two of us.  He wanted me because I was young and untouched, and I him because he was older and experienced.  But there needed to be more between us then just the simple attraction, it needed to be deeper than that for me. 

            I continued to eat in silence, the only sound hitting ears was the clink of my spoon against the bowl.  Michael slipped his hand under the table, placing it on my knee.  This used to relax me, make me feel protected, but now it just made me feel anxious.  I just needed to go home, I needed to apologize to Damon, to make sure he knows that he is the one that I want.  Michael lifted my chin, forcing me to look at him.  His eyes looked almost soft, something I hadn’t seen since I left him those months ago.