-chapter 5

"I could tell She's not like these other girls here in atl."

|unedited|

Aug's pov..

Today was tha day that I would see my family once again for the first time in forever it seems like .

As we pulled up to my auntie lafayettes' house I could see uncle Bobby outside getting tha grill goin'.

There was lawn chairs set out along wit tents and paloozas tah block tha Sun.

"August baybeh !" My auntie shouted as she ran out of tha house Tah greet us.

She hugged me then my mama and then Travis .

"Come on in y'all , make ya' selves Comf'table ."

I carried tha bags in my hands to tha table and began taking the plates and everything out .

Soon afta' everybody started to come in and tha cookout finally had begun .

                          +

"Oh my goodness August haven't you grown up ." My auntie Diana said with a grin

"I sho' have ." I said before sheepishly grinning .

I walked away befo' she could say anythang else , she was gettin on my nerves with all these questions .

Karins pov..

I laid across my bed in deep thought when my mom burst in my door causing me to sit up and immediately give her a frown.

"Come on Karin you've gotta get ready I completely forgot about lafayettes cookout ." She said placing her other earring in .

"Cookout ? Lafayette ? Who is Lafayette ?" I said confused

"A friend of mine now get dressed we're already late. "

"Can I just stay with dad ?" I pleaded

"No . Now hurry up ." She said before walking away.

I heavily sighed not wanting to go at all.

                           +

When we pulled up I immediately regretted not standing my ground and begging to stay home .

We walked to the backyard , I'm guessing that's where everyone was .

I could smell barbecue and the warm heat was not helping with my irratation .

little kids ran around probably doing things they had no business.

My stomach began to churn when everyone focused their attention on us .

I stood shyly behind my mom as she greeted everyone and I occasionally glanced up and gave crooked smiles.

She took a seat and left me standing there to walk across the yard and find another one.

Forget it I'll just stand.