Chapter 2: Darkrai

When Danny woke up, his vision was blurry, but he could tell that he was in same kind of room with what looked like computers and people dressed in white clothing. As he turned his head to the left, he saw some kind of creature in a glass chamber with what looked like a metal helmet on its head as well as what look like restarts on it's wrists and wast. The creature was almost like a pitch black color, with what looked like a red collar going around it's neck, it had what looked like long white, gravity defining hair and glowing light blue eyes, it looked almost like a ghost. The creature seemed to notice Danny staring at it, as it turned his head towards him and said something that sounded like, "Darkrai..."

Danny gave it a confused look, but it soon became a horrified look when his vision cleared up. He was in the same type of camber the creature was in, and from his refection, he saw that he had a what looked like a metal helmet on his own head too, a long with metal he starts on his wrists, wast, and ankle. He then turned his head so quickly, it would of given a normal person whiplash and saw that the people in the room were scientists and the room itself was a lab. Panic then started to emerge in Danny, as he feared of what was to come. Just as he was about to turn intangible to escape the cage he was in, high voltages of electricity hit him. The feeling he bad right now,felt almost just as bad as the portal accident and soon found himself screaming in pain with the creature beside him.

(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)(×)

The two scientists from before, stood in fount of a computer that was showing three different types of data in the same room that the boy and Pokemon were screaming in. The computer was showing the status of the boy and Pokemon, along with a completion bar that was almost at the halfway point. The main watched as the status bars for the two were slowly going into the danger level, "I think we Should stop this night now. Both of the danger levels for the boy's and Darkrai's are almost at the top," the man told his partner worriedly and with concern, "I don't want anything had to happen to the two of them. We should just wait for another day or call it a failure."

"No, we are not giving up now," the women told him without taking her eyes off the screens and subjects, "The danger levels are not high enough to call this off and the sync is almost complete. Plus this is my life work, and I'm not going to let it go down the drain! If this work and we are able to connect a human's and Pokemon's mind together will open up a new world of possibilities. People and Pokemon alike would be able to understand each other better. People wouldn't need to shout out a move in battle to their Pokemon, they can just think it. And for governmental missions, there would be no need for headphones or ear pieces with the chance of being hacked, they can just talk mentally.

"This will also give us a chance to know how a Pokemon is feeling and understand what they are saying much better. This may just help lead us to a better future, and it is my dream and I'm not going to let it die. I will do any thing to keep it alive, no matter the cost it will take to achieve it."

"But this too dangerous!" the man exclaimed, "We didn't even get the boy's permission to do this. Heck, we don't even know who he is! that if he has family and friends waiting for him to come home or even looking for him? They don't even know that he taking part in an experiment is putting his life on the line!"

"That is a risk we have to take," the woman answered without any emotion, "If he survives this-No, when he survives this, he will be called a hero for helping bring us closer to the future."

The man just glared at the women with anger in his eyes. Why couldn't she see that she is risking the life of a young kid just to get what she wanted? Didn't she care about the safety and wants of others? "You do realize that you me the one that have to deal with the gilt if they die right? And you do realize that if they do survive, you will be on the receiving end of their anger as well right?"