Chapter 9: Meeting up with a New Friend

After they were done in the main part of Caralave City, the gang found themselves in the outskirts of the city in a forest like area. After a bit of talking when they were taking care of some things in the city, it had been decided that they will head over to Oreburgh City to get their next Gym Badge, "Since we are going to be passing through Jubilife City, how about we stop in and give Sunda a visit to see how things are doing on their end," Danny suggested as they made their way through the trees.

"Won't it be easier to to just call to find out?" Darkrai asked as he ducked under a tree branch.

"Maybe, but I think it would be better if we just drop in since we will be in the area," the Halfa pointed out as his phone started to ring. "I wonder who calling me," he asked himself as he reached into his pocket to pull out his phone and put it up to his ear, "Hello?"

"Hey Danny, it's me, Crysta," the voice on the other side replied with.

"Hey Crystal, how it going?" the Ghost Boy asked not letting his walking pace drop.

"It's been going great so far," Crysta answered in a happy tone, "I just wanted to let you know that the magazine I was telling you about is out and I was wondering if you wanted to meet up at a little cafe I know in Jubilife City."

"Sure, what is the place called?" Danny asked as he subconsciously turned intangible to pass through a tree that was in his path.

"It's called Evolution Magic," the journalist replied with having no idea what had just happened on the other side of the line, "It's a place were Pokemon and trainer alike can get something to eat or drink at. They also sell different items to help Pokemon evolve there as well."

"Sounds like an interesting place," Danny commented as he wondered what kind of things they sold there, food and evolution items alike, "I'm on the outskirts of Caralave City, around Route 218, so I may be in Jubilife City in about twenty minutes or so."

There was silence on the line for a bit before Crysta spoke again, "Are you sure you will be there that fast? Because I'm sure that it would take more than twenty minutes even by blimp to get from Cavalave to Jubilife, and by then it may be quite late to meet up at. We can meet up tomorrow if you want so you don't rush and hurt yourself."

"Don't worry about me, I will be just fine. I know of a way that I will be there in no time," Danny replied smiling, "How about you meet me at the east entrance of Jubilife in about thirty minutes so you can show where the cafe is."

"Um sure," Crysta says a bit unsure on what else to say on the situation with the feeling that no matter what she said, Danny will just do whatever he has in mind in the end.

"Great! See you there then!" Danny then hanged up his Pokegear and put it away.

"And how are we going to get there in about twenty minutes?" Luna asked quite confused, "Because I'm sure that it will take much longer than that to get there.

"I know of a way," the Halfa answered smirking.

"If you are thinking about riding me, you can forget about it!" the Lunar Pokemon cried out jumping to conclusions.

Danny just rolled his eyes, "Did you forget that I can fly there myself?" he then summoned his transformation rings transforming into his ghostly self.

"Oh," Luna says a bit dumbfounded forgetting about that bit of information, but to try and cover herself up, she quickly said, "I knew that."

Ignoring the last part of the Psychic-Type statement, the Halfa reached into his pocket and pulled out Luna's Healball, "Luna, I'm going to return you to your Healball for now. This way you don't have to worry about keeping up with us and can save your energy."