Chapter 10: A Rival?

Roark was making his way through Jubilife City to get to get to Oreburgh City when he stopped in his tracks in fount of a new cafe unsure if he was seeing things or not. Out of the cafe came a boy that looked a lot like Danny followed by a Darkrai. "Wait a minute, was that just Danny and his Darkrai? But that can't be! How could they have gotten here before me?" He then held his hand up to his head as he shook it, "I think I'm just seeing things. First that flying black and white thing with a Darkrai following it and now seeing Danny and his Darkrai getting here before. I think I need to get some sleep when I get back to the gym," he then continued on his way to Oreburgh as he tried to figure things out.

(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)(x)

Leaving the cafe behind them, Danny and Darkrai made their way to the headquarters that Sunda was located at. "So Darkrai, are you going to hide in my shadow?"

"Like I said in the cafe, I don't see the point in doing so right now," Darkrai answered, "Besides why do I need to when pretty much everyone in this town knows about me."

"I guess you're right," the Halfa replied with a small sigh knowing the Dark-Type was right. After a bit, Danny felt as if they were being followed and turned around at a quick pace to look behind him but saw nothing.

Seeing Danny's sudden movement caused Darkrai to stop in his tracks and look back at his friend, "Is everything ok?"

Danny stood there for a bit taking in his surroundings looking for anything strange before turning back to look at his friend, "I believe so. It just felt as if we were being followed a moment ago."

"You must be imagining it," Darkrai commented not recalling having that feeling.

"Maybe, but I'm not going to let my guard down just yet," the Halfa assured him. He didn't want to take the risk of a sneak attack if one was to come.

"Don't you think you're being a bit paranoid?" the Nightmare Pokemon asked him as they started on their way again.

"No, I'm just being rational," Danny simply answered with.

"If you say so," the Dark-Type states with a roll of his eyes

"You don't believe me do you?" Danny asked knowingly.

"What makes you say that?" Darkrai asked acting innocently.

Danny just shook his head at the Dark-Type reply when he had the feeling that they were being followed again. Resisting the urge of turning around to see who was following them, Danny pulled Darkrai towards an unpopulated area of the city. Once he was sure that no one was around them in case something went down and stopped walking he called out, "I know you're there so come on out."

In reply for Danny's order, it was quite for a few minutes, but when Darkrai was about to say something, someone else spoke, "I'm impressed you were able to detect me. You have great detective skills."

At the sound of the voice, the two turned around to see a man with light green eyes, long grayish blue hair and was wearing a long red cloak. "Um thanks, but why are you following us?" Danny asked not letting his guard down in the slightest.

"Because I wanted to have a look at that Darkrai of yours," the man simply answered.

"Why is that?" Danny asked not buying it in the sightless, he had the feeling that there was something more to this man, "I know that he is a Legendary Pokemon and all, but you could of had came up to us instead of following us as if you were someone up to no good."

"I guess your right, sorry about that," the man apologized, "But I mostly wanted to see how your Darkrai compares to mine."

"Wait, you have a Darkrai?" Danny asked shocked not expecting that.