5

Ashton Irwin was what most people considered a rough sleeper, or one who sleeps roughly. So it was no surprise to his little sister that his hair was a complete mess when she entered his suite, his arms stretching out in every direction and his right leg dangling off the bed. He didn't always sleep rough though, just when he didn't have anyone to hold on to, or to hold him. He disliked how clingy it sounded, but, he honestly needed someone to spoon with him in order to sleep normally.

Lauren giggled silently to herself as she took out the new iPhone her brother had brought her.

"Take it and I'll kill you." The curly haired boy muttered, covering his face with a pillow.

Lauren just smiled and held down the camera button, snapping picture after picture as Ashton jumped out of bed. He had chased her around the room for a good 30 minutes before he noticed it was just the two of them.

"Hey, where's my boyfriend at?" Lauren asked.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "Back off! He's mine." He glared, a bit more bothered by her statement then he'd like to admit.

He had her trapped between his arms, back against the wall and no way to escape. For the briefest second, she shut her eyes and sighed, annoyed, and he took the chance to snatch the phone and run into the bathroom.

She screamed, some of her words not so friendly.

"I don't think mom and dad will like those words." He teased, laughing on the inside.

Lauren's shouts went silent, and she walked away, laying on the spare bed in the room, as Ashton and Luke tended to sleep together whenever they could!

Meanwhile, Ashton unlocked her phone, laughing at the fact that she used such an easy password, and scrolled through the pictures. He hated to admit it, but they were kind of funny, especially the first one. It was of him sprawled out across the bed.

Luke must have left really early, he thought to himself, wondering where he'd disappeared to and why his best friend hadn't woken him up.

"Ashton, what's taking you so long? You don't even know the password. Just give up." Lauren grunted, foolishly doubting her brother's mad passwording skills. The curly-haired boy quickly deleted the photos, took a cute selfie to set as her lock screen, and then walked out, throwing her phone next to her on the bed.

"You're welcome." He said, laying back down with his eyes closed, smirk evident on his face.

"Ahh, what the...?" His words were cut off by the opening of his door, his parents entering the room.

"Sweet heart, get off of your brother. Ashton, start getting dressed now or you'll be late." His mom stated. "Luke and everyone else is already down stairs waiting."

Lauren quickly jumped off her brother and skipped out the room, there was no doubt she was going to flirt with Luke.

Ashton rolled his eyes and did as instructed. He wasn't happy though. He couldn't pinpoint what it was that upset him, but he just wasn't happy. That didn't stop him from smiling as he slid on his tuxedo though. If there was nothing that made him smile, it was dressing formally, even if for just a few moments.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!" Ryan teased as Ashton finally arrived to the lobby.

Ashton glanced to his shoulder where his brother's arms laid carelessly and glared, his stomach growling from his lack of food.

Great! Now I have to burn you, jacket. He thought.

"Go away." His response was blank, empty. There was no smile on his face, no hint of regret in his voice, no joking to his words, just sheer annoyance.