chapter 1; seeing red

Korin

Slamming my hand down at the buzzing sound beside me, I yawned and stretched. Ruffling my messy hair, I looked at the digital device called my alarm, to check the current time.

6:24am

Breakfast is at 6:30am.

Oh shit.

Getting up from my bed all of a sudden caused a rush of nausea to hit my head--but no matter, I just grabbed a hold of my bed frame and tried to calm myself down. After all that, I just ran into my 'walk in closet' and tried to find my uniform with my eyelids still heavy.

After two minutes of struggling, I finally found it and slipped it on. It was basic, to say the least: a grey blazer with a black outlining, a white blouse, a black tie, a grey skirt with black outlining once again, and knee high black socks to match.

Brushing my pastel hair back into a classic high ponytail, I tied it with my maroon bow. I looked in my vanity mirror, and nodded in satisfaction. Glancing at my alarm once again, I flinched and ran downstairs.

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

I looked over at the end of the table to see my mother sitting there, arms crossed with face that just screamed 'what the fuck'. I fidgeted and avoided eye contact--like usual.

"And on your first day of school too." She spat coldly.

"I'm sorry, mother." I lowered my head in shame.

She sighed, and gestured me  to sit down on the opposite side of the extremely long, dinning table. Like this table could fit about 15-20 people. Seriously, what the fuck. I still question why we have such a long ass table, and we don't even use half the amount of seats, 99% of the time.

While I was complaining to myself in my own head, we ate breakfast in silence. Moments like this made me wonder why or how things ended up like this. It's almost as if we've never had a normal "mother to daughter" kind of talk.

I sighed, mentally.

Why did you have to leave us..

..dad?

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

"You can drop me off at the same place from yesterday."

The driver nodded and stopped at the same spot. He opened my door and I got out silently. After thanking him for the ride, I tried to find my way around this place. I wonder how I never noticed it yesterday, but this place is HUGE. Realizing that I never got a map, I clicked my tongue in annoyance. Class is about to start and I don't really want to go talk to the principal or the obnoxious students.

What a great morning.

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

For whatever reason, I decided to follow a sign that said "class 3-E" with an arrow pointing to a pathway. At first I though it was a great idea-- now I could actually start "learning", or maybe even just showing up. Yeah, that would be a great idea. But regrets have been made, and all that sign did was mess up my head even more, because now it looks like I'm in a middle of a forest, mountain, hill area thing.

I have the best luck.

So I did the only thing I could do, wander around. After a couple of minutes of walking around I saw something red in the bushes of green. Naturally, I became curious and started to sneak my way near that bush, and what I saw--shocked me.

The red thing in the leaves was the hair color of a sleeping student. He looked about my age and was leaning against a tree trunk. He wore a school uniform, although I'm not sure if he's from this particular school because his blazer was pure black and it didn't seem like he had a neck tie on. Debating whether I should wake him up or not wasn't necessary apparently, because he opened his eyes and I was in awe-- it was a beautiful gold to mercury kind color.

"Um, are you okay?" I hesitantly asked-- however, he just smirked.

"I'm okay, I was just taking a nap you see?"

"Oh.."

"But what are you doing out here?" He questioned.

"I-I um..got lost.." He chuckled.

"Well judging by your uniform you must be from our school, and your all the way out here too. So I'm guessing your a class 3-E student, am I right?" I was shocked, did he really just figure out everything by my looks?

I nodded.

"Great~ Because I'm heading over there too. You can follow me if you want, I don't mind having someone to keep me company." He got up and dusted himself, and placed his hands behind his neck lazily.

"Sure, but if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours~"

"Fair enough, it's Oy--Oshiro Korin..." I quickly made up a random last name from the top of my head.

The surname 'Oyamada' wasn't as popular, and he would be able realize pretty quickly that I came from a filthy rich family.

He would probably use me.

"So, what's your name?"

" ...Akabane Karma."

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

one chapter everyday

that's my goal rn

hope you enjoy

comment down below how it is so far and give me your honest opinion

thanks :)

-yepheral;