chapter 11; study session

Korin

Bidding Nagisa goodbye, I ran outside to see if what I saw was really Karma--I was correct. He had been leaning against the wall with his arms crossed when I spotted him. Noticing my presence, he snapped out of his little daze and a smirk ran across his face.

"I thought you would've gone home by now Korin-chan.~"

"I could say the same for you-- and stop calling me by my first name so casually..!" I yelled.

He chuckled.

"So, what did you need from me?"

"Huh? Oh..! Right.." Pausing for a brief second I made up an excuse. "I just need some help with math..I mean your pretty good at it right? I figured you could help me study a bit..." I said while muttering the last part, shyly.

Mildly surprised at my request, his eyes widened.

Stuffing both his hands in his pocket, he looked up and bit his lip in thought.

"Yeah sure, I don't mind."

My eyes gleamed at the reply.

"Really? Thanks..!"

"But.."

"Hm?" I stared at him.

"We probably won't have time to study in the morning, and in the afternoon obviously. So we can only study after school, most likely at one of our houses."

"O-oh right."

"So, my house or yours? Korin-chan.~"

I flinched, there's literally only one option and that's to study at Karma's place, but knowing his personality I became hesitant to agree. Sensing my doubt he gave a little 'push'.

"..Or we can study at your place. Well either way is fine with me." He smirked.

Puffing out my cheeks for a moment, I released the air as I sighed.

"..Fine."

"Great~ Let's start now." Karma grabbed one of my hands and dragged me to who knows where.

"W-w-what..?! Hey! Let go of me Karma-kun..! Why so soon?.."

"Well exams are only a few weeks from now, so why don't we start tutoring you now?" Karma smirked at my reaction.

Realizing that he's got a point, I sighed and reluctantly complied.

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

3rd Person

The walk to the redheads house was quiet. However, they didn't complain for it was a comfortable silence. The pastel haired girl enjoyed it much to her dismay, the way he held onto her small hand--it felt so casual, like he's done it before many times with her in the past.

Karma came to a stop, but Korin just kept walking-- resulting in her bumping her head against his back, and coming back to reality.

"We're here."

Korin looked up and saw an apartment complex with multiple plain colored doors and buildings. There was absolutely nothing exciting about where her classmate lived, but the fact that it's Karma's place made her a little excited and curious--although she would never admit it. Following the redhead up the stairs he stopped in front of a certain door and reached his hands into his pockets to grab something, a key, and unlocked the door with a 'click' sound.

Releasing his hands from the contact made Korin aware again that they were holding hands. She couldn't help but sulk a bit when the warmth left her right hand, although the touch lingered. Karma took notice of this and began to tease her.

"Ehhh do you like holding hands with me that much? We could do it again sometime you know.~"

Korin didn't need even need to look at his face to know that he was smirking--her face reddened at the comment.

"S-shut up..! My hand was cold.." The pastel haired girl mentally face-palmed at the lame excuse, but went with it anyway.

He chuckled at her reply and invited her inside while slipping off his shoes. Copying his movements she took of her shoes and followed him inside. Korin took this moment to observe what was inside his home. Plain walls, some plants, books, games, etc. She came to a conclusion that his house was pretty typical, but it was special to her nonetheless.

The girl sat down at the only couch in the room and unzipped her book-bag to grab her books, pencils, paper, etc. Basically all the things you would need for a study secession. Karma went to his room to grab one of the many math books that he had and set it down onto his coffee table, along with Korin's other stuff.

"Alright, let's begin.~"

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

A couple hours has past since they had began studying.

"Do you understand now?"

"U-um I think so....thanks."

He nodded and glanced at the clock.

"Hey, are you hungry?"

"Huh? Oh, a little bit now that I think about it."

"Hmm, okay we'll take a break for now--so how about I make us something to eat?"

She nodded.

"Yeah, sure."

Karma got up and walked to the kitchen and began making some ramen for the both of them. Korin however glanced at the clock and her eyes widened at the time.

8:50pm.

Her mother was going to murder her for sure.

Quickly turning on her phone she saw many missed calls from her driver and of course, her mother. Tapping onto her screen, the phone turned black for a second until the familiar sound of her phone dialing echoed throughout the living room. Her mom picked up and Korin immediately decided to speak.

"M-mother? I can expla--"

"Explain what? You've been ignoring my rules for a while after you started going to this school. You sure have a lot of nerve to defy me, young lady." Her sharp wards cut through her making her realize that she fucked up big time.

Gulping down her fears, she stayed quiet as her mother continued.

"Since you've been going against me for quiet some time now, you should be punished, and that would be to not step foot into his house for one month. During that time reevaluate your choices and come back to this household when you can withstand my rules." As her mother hung up on her the words sunk in deeper and deeper.

'Do not step foot into this house for one month.'

"..What?"

---Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ---

ey I updated

correct my grammar errors if you see any as usual

see you in my next chapterrrr

-yepheral;