S9 -E1: 3 Days Later

A/N: Hey there! Back again with another novelization. Kinda. This is a requested moment between Nick and Ghetto that a reader well... requested. xD Anyway, since it is that I will be skipping a part or two to get to that moment. So I guess a... hurt/comfort piece? *shrugs* Hell if I know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this novelization bit, requested by wolfsrock311

I can try to do requests as long as they're within the series, though I can try to do an original bit like I did with Barney's Death but that'll be tricky to do. Still, I'll try my best, if I can't do that then I apologize in advance and hope you can settle with an actual moment from the series itself.

I know I said, I'd replace the sneak peek with the completed part but, figured it would just be easier to make a new slot and slap it in there. 

**Now, I'm going to tell you that this piece isn't completed yet. I'm working hard to type it out as fast and best as I can. But I got a couple of ideas to make the request a little more special so it'll add time to it, hopefully not that much but just a warning there. 

And I felt bad for letting you guys hang and wait for it. So I'll you guys the majority of the completed piece for fun. 

Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gunshots chattered angrily through the air behind him as Nick raced down the halls in his search. He desperately hoped that Shark would be okay taking on the guards alone. Though the other brunet had insisted Nick go ahead and find Ghetto, covering for him by keeping the guards from Red's group pinned with gunfire. The Avatar trusted Shark to be okay but he still worried for him.

The halls went quiet for a bit and Nick slowed in concern at the lack of the firefight. Shark hadn't been killed had he? Another beat of silence before gunfire picked up again, the shots cracking the air. That must've meant both sides had to reload before continuing. Which meant the Avatar was fine and that Nick should focus on his goal.

The brunet let out a sigh of relief before picking up the pace to find Ghetto. He had to be around here somewhere on the second floor, the first floor held no sign of the dark Avatar. But where was he? Nick made a frustrated sound as he peeked down one dead end branch of the hall he was currently as he raced by.

Nope. Nothing there.

"Fuck, I really should have explored the place more!" Nick muttered to himself as he continued his search. You know what? That's what he'll do when this was over. Once he found Ghetto and the group reclaimed the CDC, the brunet was going to do some exploring to get more familiar with the place... and grabbing a map would help as well too. The Avatar nodded to himself as he skidded a little on his feet as he took a corner quickly and kept running down yet another hall. "That sounds like a plan, but first I gotta find-" He slowed down to take another corner and froze as a familiar figure stood in his line of sight, their back to him. It looked as though the Avatar before the brunet was opening a door at the end of the corridor.

Dark skin.

Collared cape in a familiar shade of blood red.

"Ghetto!" Nick cried out happily, relief flooding through him at the sight of his best friend. Thank God he was alive and okay. 'Thank goodness... he's okay. Now we can go back and help Shark.'

Same glowing green eyes-

-that now glared at him in rage, the dark Avatar lifting an assault rifle in his hands...

Relief gave way to concern and confusion as the brunet watched the weapon being aimed at him. Was something wrong? Why would...?

'Ghetto?'