S10-E10: Red Wedding

A/N: Happy Halloween, fellow Readers! And I'm here to treat you with another novelization piece for Season 10! This time however, its gonna be with Nick, Red and Ross and a dash of Shelby! XD So grab a snack, grab a drink and kick back as we dwell into a confrontation between our three heavy hitters!

I hope you enjoy this novelization bit!

I can try to do requests as long as they're within the series, though I can try to do an original bit like I did with Barney's Death but that'll be tricky to do. Still, I'll try my best, if I can't do that then I apologize in advance and hope you can settle with an actual moment from the series itself.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ The Church

At the discovery of chests full of human flesh, Nick and Shelby felt bile rise in their throats, threatening to spill out if they didn't escape the nauseating sight and smell of unfortunate victims. Both Avatars backpedaled out of the tiny space and slammed the door shut to snuff the iron scent of blood from spilling into the rest of the church. Shelby felt sick to her stomach, a first time seeing such a horrifying thing, unable to help but think of the poor souls that fell to Red's hands.

How could anyone, aside from Walkers, do such things to survivors? To just... kill them in brutal ways then carve them to eat? What kind of monster would think that way?

Those were her thoughts as she watched Nick rest his head against the door, eyes screwed shut. It was a first for her but Shelby knew Nick had seen it numerous times before. Did it get easier for him? His eyes opened and gave her a quick grimace before closing his eyes again.

No... it never did.

"Well," Nick started, giving a bit of a sigh to push the sight aside to focus, "if Red was here, he definitely would've taken most of the fresh food." He recalled the basement earlier, "And his experiments. That explains why there's nothing left..." Odd, he never pegged Red to be the type to be curious and research anything aside learning new recipes for... human flesh. It was completely unlike him as far as the brunet knew him.

The thought was sideswiped as another thought came to mind that took his interest. What was the point of the church? "But I just don't get it. Why would they come here then leave after setting everything up?" Nick asked aloud, thinking carefully over everything they knew so far. "It doesn't make any sense."

'He's right about that, but...'  Shelby shrugged, unable to give him any kind of answer. "I don't know," It certainly was strange but she didn't know a thing about this group the brunet was chasing. The redhead was honestly wondering if she wanted to know after what she saw. "You know these people better than I do."

That's true, how could he expect her to know if she didn't know the enemy? Aside from them being a bunch of Avatar eating crazies? They didn't have much in clues aside from leftovers... in every sense of the word, so there wasn't much use to deduce anything until they found something. And to do that... they needed to keep looking around the building, they only explored the main area. Nick nodded to himself at that plan, it sounded pretty solid.

"Well, regardless... we let's finish clearing out the rest of the church and then we can figure things out from there." the brunet Avatar planned, looking at Shelby to get her input.

She only smiled and nodded to him, "Sounds good."

He smiled back, turning as he talked. "The front's good and I did check the back of the main space but I did see two... doors..." Nick trailed off as he stared at the back of the church, towards the altar. He couldn't help but utter a small gasp at a figure that now stood where it was once clear.