Chapter 2

A/N: Now go read what happens next in my partner's all-new book, which has an identical cover to this one. Then come back and take a look at the chapter below. A lot of work, I know, but it's worth it. Trust me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ethan's POV*

Mr. Stark smirked. "Buddy," he said gently. "Let's get you inside for a nice cuppa water, maybe a couch to lie down on. Okay?"

I couldn't respond. I was in too much shock. I let him drag me into the rather old-fashioned Stark Tower. Back where I came from, everything was so... high-tech. Here, it's all outdated. Maybe I came from the fut--

"Oh, no," A somehow familiar voice said as I walked into the rec room. "Who's this?"

Mr. Stark shrugged and grabbed a shot glass, filling it up. "No idea. He fell from the sky. That's all I know."

He swigged down the glass' contents hungrily and poured himself another.

I looked around, searching for the voice. "What's it to you?" I asked.

A face appeared. Covered by a Spider-Man mask, no less, but a face all the same.

The suited figure dropped down from the ceiling and I felt his stare. "Uh, I don't know. Maybe because I wanna know where you came from!"

I sighed and dropped down on a couch. "I don't know. But now it's my turn to ask a question. Who are you, huh?"

The guy immediately took his mask off and I gasped. It was none other than Peter Parker, the original Spider-Man. He looked a lot younger, though. No gray hairs, I noticed.

Peter smirked. "Happy now?"

I exhaled slowly. I guess I really was in the past. So that meant back where I came from was the... future.

"Dannnng," I said.

Tony turned back to me and handed me a water bottle. "What's it now, huh?"

I dropped onto a couch and gulped down some water.

Tony glared at Peter. "You just... showed him?"

Peter smirked and said, "Yup."

Tony sighed. "Listen, New Spider-Kid person, I don't know how to send you home or whatever, but I do know what brought you here."

I raised an eyebrow skeptically but motioned for him to continue.

"This thing," Mr. Stark began, pulling up a picture of what looked like a glowing tunnel. "Took our Pep away from us and, in exchange, shoved you into... here. Let's call it Earth Number One. You with me?"

I nodded slowly, not saying a word.

"So," he continued. "You come from Earth Number Two, which vibrates at a slightly different frequency than Earth Number One. Of course, there are a million billion Earths out there, but that's not the point. The thing is, bud, we need to send you home before something bad happens, okay?"

I took a deep breath. "Got it. Let's do this thing!"