Chapter 5

*Peter's POV*

The Spider-Kid came at me way faster and harder than I expected, so I was forced to dodge.

He laughed condescendingly, skidding to a halt. "What? Are you not up for the challenge, old man?"

Instead of talking I rushed forward and launched a roundhouse kick at the guy's chest. He simply grabbed my leg, twirled me around, and flung me across the room.

I smashed into the wall. It hurt like the dickens, but I wasn't about to let him know that.

"'Z 'at all ya got?" I slurred, struggling to rise.

Wisely, the boy chose to take advantage of the situation and charged me. Using his momentum, I jumped onto his back and drove the kid down.

*Ethan's POV*

I could feel one of Peter's feet planted firmly on my back, preventing me from escaping.

Or so he thought.

Spitting out bits of rubble, I took a deep breath. I swung my arm out like a club and tripped Spider-Man. He crashed to the ground, but sprang right back up again.

As quickly as I could, I climbed to my feet and assumed a vague fighting stance.

"Dang," Peter said, wiping pieces of stray rubble from his suit. "You're really living up to that Spider emblem. Well d--"

He didn't get a chance to finish, as I had popped him right in the nose. Spider-Man stumbled back, holding his nose, as blood began to leak through his mask.

Tony, who was stuffing popcorn in his mouth, Oooh-ed loudly.

I rolled my eyes and calmly walked over to where the defeated form of Spider-Man was kneeling. Taking a page from his book, I planted my foot firmly on the small of his back and drove him down onto the floor, face first.

"Just say the word," I said. "And all this can stop."

"Never," Peter mumbled trying to twist his way out.

Smirking, I pressed harder and he cried out.

"Okay, okay," he said, whimpering. "I give up."

I nodded slowly and released him. He crawled out of my reach and called Friday for bandages.