Chapter 3

Tony steepled his fingers. "One problem: We have no idea how to do that."

"Whoa, whoa," The young Peter said, holding his hands up. "We don't even know this guy's name."

I chuckled, the thought bringing tears to my eyes. "So you think I'm just going to tell you my name? Good luck with that."

Mr. Stark smiled devilishly and reached behind a desk, into a drawer. He pulled out a clear vial full of bright red liquid and sat down in a roller chair.

"Now, kid," the billionaire said, fingering the bottle. "You know what this is?"

I looked closer and shuddered. "Blood?"

Spider-Man laughed before Tony could say another word. "You're a riot, you know!"

The playboy rolled his eyes and spun around in the lavish leather chair. "'Course it's not blood. That's gross. It's a truth serum. And, as we all have heard before, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Since I'm a nice guy, I'll let you pick, kiddo."

I gulped. Truth serum was worse than blood. Way worse. But, then again, maybe he was bluffing. Maybe it was nothing more than water and red dye. How should I know? The thing is, if it was actually truth serum, I didn't want my deepest, darkest secrets being exposed, especially not to past Tony Stark and Spider-Man.

Then again, it was a risk I was willing to take.

Drawing air into my lungs, I put on my best smirk. "You know, I've always liked the hard way better."