Chapter 4

Tony rubbed his hands together and popped open the bottle. He poured the liquid into a syringe and flicked it. "Sorry, Spider-Kid, but this may hurt."

As he leaned in to inject, I jumped out of the way, my heart pounding. I guess it wasn't a bluff after all. Oops.

Mr. Stark chased me around the room while Peter just sat there, watching us and laughing so hard he started to cry.

Getting frustrated, I webbed the syringe out of Mr. Stark's hands and crushed it.

"Stop it," I said, my voice eerily calm.

Tony put his hands in the air, a sign of surrender. "Yeah, yeah, sure. Whatever, Spider."

I balled my hands into fists. "My name is Ethan," I growled. "Ethan Styles. Ultimate Spider-Man. Vigilante, hero, you name it."

Peter Parker laughed. "Enough with the drama, O Ultimate Spider-Man from the future."

I clenched my teeth. I didn't realize how annoying and useless the past could be. In my time, Peter was meek and mild, only fighting if he absolutely had to. But here, I bet he'd fight just for fun.

Huh.

"Hey, Petey," I said slowly. "You want a little friendly competition?"

The original Spider-Man pulled his mask on and cracked his knuckles. "I don't know where you come from, Drama Queen, but normal people don't just waltz up and demand Spider-Man to punch their faces in. Are you sure about all of this?"

Mr. Stark slid into a chair and requested popcorn from Friday.

I smirked. "This is going to be fun."

Without another word, I launched myself at Spider-Man, preparing to knock his block off.