Chapter 11

*Ethan's POV*

After I'm done with the (fantastic) chips, I hear sirens in the distance.

So, being awesome and heroic, I decide to check them out.

Turns out, the sirens were heading towards the store I had recently come out of. The girl, with her one free hand, had called 911. On me.

I stayed on the roof as police flowed inside and (probably) freed the cashier's hand. She came out soon after, rubbing hee wrist and cursing.

Being the smart guy I was, I waved and swung off.

Her unique string of expletives followed me all the way to the next robbery, which happened to be (of all places) at a rubber and slime factory.

I broke a window on the roof and lowered myself inside.

The only noises I heard were grunts and a metal on metal clanging, like a whole lot of people were rolling barrels around.

I was spot on.

The people, though, were more like living skeletons. Their raggedy clothes showed pale flesh and bone. Their faces were gaunt and covered in the slime substance the factory made.

Creeping closer, I saw a muscular individual standing atop a pile of boxes, holding a whip at the ready and screaming at them to go faster, spittle flying everywhere.

I hated her instantly.

And yes, it was a female.

So?