Chapter 3

Tonight was the best night of my life, so far. I loved everyone in the cast. They welcomed me with open arms. I walk into my 3 bedroom apartment to see both Sarah and Kenzie on their computers, shocking. Most people don't know Kenzie because she is hardly here when other people are. She is the definition of a starving artist, but since I own this apartment i just make her pay a lower amount than her share because I know she needs that money to write. "How could you not call me to tell me you got the part?" "Did you not get the texts?" "I put y'all on do not disturb when i am working with those sweet angels they call children." "Not my problem." "So any cute guys?" Sarah pipes up. "You know I am not looking for love." "Love finds you not the other way around." Sarah say getting all philosophical. "What about me?" Kenzie asks. "How about you just keep writing your play about women don't need men to define them. Okay?" I walk over to my room, which is the master. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. All I thought about that night was Daveed. Even if he was single he would never go for a girl like me and love never works.

I wake up bright and early so I can get to the theatre for rehearsal. There is apart of me that feels bad since it is Monday and all of the ensemble and parts of the main cast has to be there so I can learn. Some of the main cast came to run over songs I had already learned. My partner for Helpless and Satisfied was Oak, and he is surprisingly a good dancer. I think everyone was shocked on how fast I picked everything up. I basically learn all of Act 1 in one day.

After we got out of rehearsal I saw I had a text from Jasmine.

To Blake:

A and I are going on a date tonight. Actually it is a double date. I think you will like the guy this time and he is a really sweet guy.

From Blake:

What time do I need to be ready by?

To Blake:

2 hours <3

I knew I could not fight her on going on this date, I mean she did get me my Hamilton audition. "Hey Sarah." "Yeah" "Another blind date. So be ready." "Okay" My last blind date did not go so well. Jasmine has always tried to set me up with guys. This guy seemed really nice at dinner, but when he dropped me off at my apartment he was not so sweet. Luckily Sarah was in the living room and told him to leave after she heard me telling him to stop.

Tonight I am wearing a red crop top, black high waisted skinny jeans, and black heels. For makeup, I am wearing a dark eye that brightens my hazel eyes and a toned down dark red lip. Jasmine picked me up right outside my apartment building.

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER CHAPTER TONIGHT.

- L